Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FAQ Module [Support]

Quote Originally Posted by kamelion0927 View Post
    If you don't have the option, then the SQL wasn't run correctly. If you haven't created any FAQs, then just run the uninstall SQL and then run the install SQL.

If you have created FAQs, you will simply need to add the option by going into your database.

If you need further help on how to add to your database, I'll try to guide you.
    No FAQs created that I care about (since they aren't showing up at this time).
    Ran the uninstall then the install SQL via Admin of Zencart.
    Error output when trying to run the install SQL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8vwx14hmmxknp0/error_sql.txt

Thanks kamelion0927 for your help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PeauProductions View Post
    No FAQs created that I care about (since they aren't showing up at this time).
    Ran the uninstall then the install SQL via Admin of Zencart.
    Error output when trying to run the install SQL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8vwx14hmmxknp0/error_sql.txt

Thanks kamelion0927 for your help
    Try being the operative word, but I'm happy to do what I can.

I didn't even consider the fact that someone might have the archaic version of it installed so thanks for bringing that up. The old mod would definitely be the problem. I took a lot of files out and updated the ones that were relevant. The uninstall file from the new FAQ Mod wouldn't remove database settings from the old one.

Completely remove ALL of the files from the old FAQ Module and then install the files from FAQ Module.

Do you have all of your FAQs set up in your database or are you starting from scratch? How comfortable are you with working in mySQL? If you do not have any FAQs set up, you can simply go into your database, search for "FAQ" and then remove everything from your database that has to do with the FAQ Module. You need to be cautious when you delete things, so back up before you remove anything.

If you do have FAQs already in place, it's more complicated. When I remodeled the FAQ Mod, I transferred my FAQs from the old to the new but it took a lot more work. I have to go right now, but let me know if you need help transferring your FAQs and I'll give you step by step instructions.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I forgot - I submitted a new version of the FAQ Mod with updates to featured_faqs.php and the SQL statements. It most likely won't be available for the next couple of weeks, so here are the files for ZenCart v1.5 and v1.51 FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.5_v1.51.zip and for v1.39h FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.39h.zip.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kamelion0927 View Post
    Sorry, I forgot - I submitted a new version of the FAQ Mod with updates to featured_faqs.php and the SQL statements. It most likely won't be available for the next couple of weeks, so here are the files for ZenCart v1.5 and v1.51 FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.5_v1.51.zip and for v1.39h FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.39h.zip.
    Woohoo! So I tried the new files for the 1.39h version you linked and they worked great. I think the biggest issue was that I wasn't running the install sql before I had added all the files to my ftp (I always tried to run it after the fact).. to reiterate what the instructions said for others, here are the simple steps:

INSTALLATION:
    Step 1: run faq_install.sql by copying contents of faq_install.sql and pasting it into ADMIN > TOOLS > INSTALL SQL PATCHES
    Step 2: change the name of YOUR_ADMIN folder to match the name of your current admin folder
    Step 3: change the name of includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE to match the name of your custom template
    Step 4: upload all files to your server via FTP - maintaining the file structure

Thanks again.... now to add some FAQs :)

Plugin Contributions

Please Help! when I install all the files and change my template name my main page is blank. What happened?

Plugin Contributions

Ok,,,, I have done a Debug for the main page and I got this error:

[12-Feb-2013 00:58:17] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_get_path_faq() (previously declared in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/morrisgiftshop.com/includes/functions/extra_functions/faq_manager_functions.php:39) in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/morrisgiftshop.com/includes/functions/extra_functions/functions_faq_categories.php on line 59

also if you go to my website at http://www.morrisgiftshop.com you will get an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error this page cannot be displayed.
    Last edited by wmorris; 12 Feb 2013 at 08:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

morrisgiftshop

How did you manage to install sql from FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.5_v1.51.zip?

I keep getting this error when installing sql. I did uninstall, reinstalled but keep getting the same error. I also went into SQL database and deleted all FAQ from and old faq version, then reinstalled but still getting same error as below:

query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Admin - Configuration Group ID', 'FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL', @cid, '<br/>Warning: Only change this if your FAQs Group ID has changed from the default<br /><br/>What is the configuration_group_id for FAQ Listings?<br/>', @cid, 1, NOW(), NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'Admin - Maximum FAQ Categories FAQs Display List', 'MAX_DISPLAY_RESULTS_FAQ_CATEGORIES', '10', '<br/>Number of FAQs to list per screen in the admin display<br/>', @cid, 1, NOW(), NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Status', 'DEFINE_FAQ_BREADCRUMB_STATUS', '1', '<br/>Show the breadcrumb on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid, 9, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'), (NULL, 'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Seperator', 'FAQ_BREAD_CRU[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1062 - Duplicate entry 'FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL' for key 'unq_config_key_zen' [/SIZE]

Thank you for your help

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by vienkhach View Post
    morrisgiftshop

How did you manage to install sql from FAQ_Manager_2.3_v1.5_v1.51.zip?

I keep getting this error when installing sql. I did uninstall, reinstalled but keep getting the same error. I also went into SQL database and deleted all FAQ from and old faq version, then reinstalled but still getting same error as below:

query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES (NULL, 'Admin - Configuration Group ID', 'FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL', @cid, '<br/>Warning: Only change this if your FAQs Group ID has changed from the default<br /><br/>What is the configuration_group_id for FAQ Listings?<br/>', @cid, 1, NOW(), NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'Admin - Maximum FAQ Categories FAQs Display List', 'MAX_DISPLAY_RESULTS_FAQ_CATEGORIES', '10', '<br/>Number of FAQs to list per screen in the admin display<br/>', @cid, 1, NOW(), NULL, NULL), (NULL, 'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Status', 'DEFINE_FAQ_BREADCRUMB_STATUS', '1', '<br/>Show the breadcrumb on the FAQ info pages?<br/>', @cid, 9, NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_drop_down(array(array(\'id\'=>\'0\', \'text\'=>\'Off\'), array(\'id\'=>\'1\', \'text\'=>\'On\')),'), (NULL, 'FAQ Info - Breadcrumb Seperator', 'FAQ_BREAD_CRU[...]

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL' for key 'unq_config_key_zen' [/SIZE]

Thank you for your help
    ok,,, first make sure that you don't have any previous mods for FAQ's and Uninstall all previous SQL on the older version. That is how I got the error. If you have any older version of FAQ's in your shop that is what causing your error.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for you fast response

I had FAQ Version 1.2 previously installed but I deleted all the files, also deleted all faq from SQL database but still got the same error below:

SQL query: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'FAQ_LISTS_GROUP_ID_ALL' for key 'unq_config_key_zen'

I am not sure if there is something I am still missing or what I should do to pass this error

Plugin Contributions

I have couple questions

What version of Zen-Cart are you using?

and what version of MySQL are you using?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast