Plugin Contributions

Default ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () (28) SSL connection timeout

The recent two days I have received multiple

ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () (28) SSL connection timeout errors

Anybody knows if PayPal is having problems with their servers? or it is the problem my site?

I recently installed the "Authorize.net (AIM)" module so I have disabled the "PayPal Website Payments Pro" payment module, "PayPal Express Checkout" is still enabled. Could this be causing the problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () (28) SSL connection timeout

Quote Originally Posted by DML73 View Post
    ALERT: PayPal Express Checkout Error () (28) SSL connection timeout errors

Anybody knows if PayPal is having problems with their servers? or it is the problem my site?
    It would be something between your webserver and PayPal. Talk to your hosting company.
    Quote Originally Posted by DML73 View Post
    I recently installed the "Authorize.net (AIM)" module so I have disabled the "PayPal Website Payments Pro" payment module, "PayPal Express Checkout" is still enabled. Could this be causing the problem?
    Unrelated.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My customers report having the same message (28) since a couple of days with Paypal Express Checkout (1.3.9h).
    My payment methods enabled are Paypal express, moneyorder and freecharger, for download products.
    As we are certainly not with the same provider, the problem is elsewhere.
    Paypal recently changes ?????

Plugin Contributions

I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or if it is just a coinsidence but instead of completely uninstalling the "PayPal Website Payments Pro" module I now only disabled it. This seems to have solved the problem in my case.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're hosted with FastHosts, they've been having problems for a week, unable to connect to Paypal.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...26#post1154826

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Seems Paypal cleared the return URL by updating something in their Sept/October 2012 maintenance.
    Go to your Paypal account, activate IPN, if you see no URL, set it as usual to:
    'http://www.YOUR_SITE.com/ipn_main_handler.php'.
    Last edited by gob33; 21 Oct 2012 at 05:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gob33 View Post
    Seems Paypal cleared the return URL by updating something in their Sept/October 2012 maintenance.
    Go to your Paypal account, activate IPN, if you see no URL, set it as usual to:
    'http://www.YOUR_SITE.com/ipn_main_handler.php'.
    While all of that may be true, it won't have anything to do with the subject of this thread: (28) SSL connection timeout.

Plugin Contributions

That is what caused the "(28) SSL connection timeout" to appear on my shop.
    'http://www.YOUR_SITE.com/ipn_main_handler.php' disappeared from my Paypal profile and i touched nothing.
    Now Paypal transactions occurs.