Plugin Contributions

Default nivoslider Javascript not being loaded

I have installed the nivoslider and the javascript is not appearing on the page.

This is the script that is appearing:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/hck/css/stylesheet.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/hck/css/stylesheet_css_buttons.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/hck/css/stylesheet_tables.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" href="includes/templates/hck/css/print_stylesheet.css" />
    <script src="includes/templates/hck/jscript/css_browser_selector.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    The templates/hck/jscript/ contains the following files: css_browser_selector, jquery.nivo.slider, jquery-1.5.1.min, but as you can see the one javascipt file appears but the other 2 don't.

Does anyone know why?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Javascript not being loaded

What do the instructions tell you about naming the js files? Did you paste code in html_header.php, or just use the autoload folder? To make js files autoload, they need to be named starting with jscript_, like jscript_jquery.nivo.slider.js. I don't know why the one file would autoload but not the others.

Plugin Contributions

Appreciate the response ghj42.

When I went looking for a read-me file for this problem I found this reference "read_me_onload.html", but this file does not seem to exist in v1.5 Doc File, hence this post.

Anyways, I followed your suggestion on adding the "jscript_" to all of the jscript files and it worked like a charm. So that part has made the sun shine in Mudville.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    What do the instructions tell you about naming the js files? Did you paste code in html_header.php, or just use the autoload folder? To make js files autoload, they need to be named starting with jscript_, like jscript_jquery.nivo.slider.js. I don't know why the one file would autoload but not the others.
    Glad I found this, had the same issue as OP but your post helped me out to get the slider working.