Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Password problems

That means your site is encountering a database error: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

And database errors are usually a result of you installing PHP files for an addon that requires database/SQL changes, but you didn't also make the SQL changes.
    Or the opposite, removing database pieces without removing the PHP files, or removing "some" of the PHP files but not all of them, and thus it's still looking for database things.
    Or doing an upgrade with addons that aren't fully installed, etc.

Follow the instructions in the FAQ article to find the actual problem behind the generic error you're seeing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, the only thing I tried to do, since I couldn't get in to change my PW was this: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44. I didn't do an upgrade with addons and I didn't remove anything from any php files.

My site crashed after doing that, GoDaddy was able to get it back up and running.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Glad they got it working for you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I think he meant that his host was able to bring the website back up after he tried the fix in that link, but he's still locked out of his admin.
    Or did I misunderstand?

Plugin Contributions

Joejoejoe is correct, I'm still getting the error. I meant my site had crashed after I tried that tutorial because I was locked out from not getting my PW to work. They got me back up and running, but I am still not able to access the admin login page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, when situations like this occur, it's crucial to determine the history leading up to the "sudden malfunction". It doesn't just break on its own. Usually things break when addons are installed or removed incorrectly.

You started out by posting that you'd missed the 90 day password expiry. I've already explained that the 90-day issue isn't a reason for getting database errors. It will simply result in prompting you to change your password.

So, I have to ask: what was happening *before* all this suddenly started?

Plugin Contributions

Where exactly are you getting the error?
    Do you get the login screen OK or does just trying to get to that page give you an error?
    Or is the error after you type in your admin user name and password and hit return?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Okay, when situations like this occur, it's crucial to determine the history leading up to the "sudden malfunction". It doesn't just break on its own. Usually things break when addons are installed or removed incorrectly.

You started out by posting that you'd missed the 90 day password expiry. I've already explained that the 90-day issue isn't a reason for getting database errors. It will simply result in prompting you to change your password.

So, I have to ask: what was happening *before* all this suddenly started?
    As I explained in my OP, I was not able to login with my existing PW, so I found the link for the tutorial I posted above. When I followed those steps, my site crashed. Called GoDaddy, in the hopes that although none of them really know Zencart, someone might be able to help me figure out the problem. I was told that my DB password was changed in the process of me following the tutorial. They were able to get my site up and running, but ever since then I've still not been able to get my login fields, I get the error I cut and pasted.

Prior to trying the "behind the scene" tutorial, I had tried to get my password emailed to me, several times, which never worked.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
    Where exactly are you getting the error?
    Do you get the login screen OK or does just trying to get to that page give you an error?
    Or is the error after you type in your admin user name and password and hit return?
    I am getting the error when attempting to access the web address for the login screen. There are no fields to type in, just the error.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Are the DB_XXXXXXX settings in your /your-admin-foldername/includes/configure.php file different from the DB_XXXXXX settings in your /includes/configure.php file?

Those are the only settings that should be exactly identical between both files. If your storefront is working, copy your DB_XXXXXXXX settings from your /includes/configure.php file and use them to replace the DB_XXXXXXXX settings in your /your-admin-folder/includes/configure.php file.

Remember, the configure.php files are read-only, so you'll need to make them writable before you can save to them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast