Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Dropship Core Status Update

The database changes and additional package data Dropship Core's next version will utilize are coming along nicely. I've needed to make a few tough decisions along the road - including only supporting one "package" per unique shipping carrier and product in the admin interface and example shipping module. As any number of shipping modules are supported one can easily work around this limitation.

I've finished the initial integration of the database changes into Dropship Core. I'm sure a few more changes will be needed but everything appears to be working in my Zen Cart 1.51 testing environment. Most will probably address upgrading from old versions and adding some polish (including additional comments and language changes).

I've built a UPS Parcel shipping module by extending the "dropship_carrier_module" class and adding the necessary methods (including XML creation and parsing). I am currently able to pull shipping quotes including drop shipment, dimensional, and weight information (product + packaging) via UPS Parcel (XML method) and a freight provider. I may accept a few people to participate in BETA testing in the upcoming weeks.

I've attached some initial screenshots of the admin interfaces and a PDF outlining (by no means does it show everything involved) how a shipping rate request works when building a shipping module using this plugin.

DC Edit Packaging (click to enlarge):
    Attachment 11641

DC Edit Product (click to enlarge):
    Attachment 11643
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DB Model for next release

I installed the Dropship Core and the problem I have is Zencart is looking to the Configuration>Shipping/Packaging>Postal Code for the origin ship from location. How do I program Zencart to look at Catalog>Category/Product>Category>Product>Ship Location origin: to quote the shipment?
    Thanx Compserv

Plugin Contributions

The current version does not include any shipping modules built to utilize the additional database options. So unless you have modified your shipping module utilize DropShip Core, the shipping module has no way to know about the additional locations, package types, etc.

You can PM me if interested in ALPHA testing the next release, which includes an example UPS shipping module.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

How do I learn how to modify the shipping Module?
    Thanx Compserv

Plugin Contributions

Default DropShip Core 1.2 Released

Version 1.2 is here!
    Version 1.2 includes a number of notable changes: Revamped installation and upgrade scripts, updated admin configuration pages, shipping module installation enhancements, further abstraction of the shipping code, more complete documentation in PHP files and configuration options, and the inclusion of an example shipping module built to utilize the changes made by this module (UPS XML; basic code).

Please make sure to completely read the included README files (one for DropShip Core and one for the example UPS shipping module)!

Anyone who wishes to install this module should also make a "known good" backup before installing the new version. Do not skip this vital step!

It is highly recommended to first test the installation and use of this module on a "development" site or "clone" of your Zen Cart installation and not your live storefront.

I would also strongly advise people to take a look at the previously attached process flow document. It should help clarify how DropShip Core and the example shipping module work together to return a rate quote.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DropShip Core 1.2 Released

If I understand this module correctly, its purpose is to allow the store to have its items drop shipped from its suppliers, correct?
    What I am looking for is the ability of a 3rd party to place an order with us which we in turn drop ship ourselves to multiple destinations, in which case this would not accomplish our intended purpose. Are you aware of a plugin which will allow us to split an order to multiple destinations, without having to add physical entries to the address book?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bkrajmalnik View Post
    If I understand this module correctly, its purpose is to allow the store to have its items drop shipped from its suppliers, correct?
    The purpose of this module is to add the necessary "package", "dimensional weight", and "shipping origin" data to support creating shipping modules providing more accurate shipping quotes (especially if one uses drop shipping or oversize packaging).

Quote Originally Posted by bkrajmalnik View Post
    ... Are you aware of a plugin which will allow us to split an order to multiple destinations, without having to add physical entries to the address book?
    I do not. The closest thing I remember seeing was a "add-on" to split one order into multiple orders (I seem to remember it adding a "-1", "-2", etc... And you could then modify each order specifing different shipping destinations for each order). The shipping destination can be changed on an order without changing the address book entry (but one would still need to enter the physical addresses for each "order"). I do not remember the name of the "add-on" or how well it worked.

This is a bit off topic for this thread... I would recommend creating a new thread with more details of exactly what you wish to accomplish (including business requirements). The more detail you can provide - the better the chance someone reading your post will be able to point you in the right direction :)

Plugin Contributions

Maybe someone who can code can help me out here.
    This mod seems to almost work in 1.5.3 but the 1 file in admin>includes>modules>product>collect_info.php does not work correctly and i think it has to do with a new coding on the 1.5.3 but i have attached the 1.5.1 collect_info.php from DS core and the collect_info.php from zen-cart 1.5.3 so it be great if someone could PLEASE help me with this one file.
    Thank you in advance.

collect_info.php DS CORE 1.5.1
    collect_info_DS-Core-1-5-1.zip

collect_info.php zen-cart 1.5.3
    collect_info-1_5_3.zip

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dropship Core [Support Thread]

Hello,

Can somebody let me know if this module is compatible with the present ZenCart version 1.54?

Thank you in advance.

djace
    Sucess is the Sum of Small Efforts

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dropship Core [Support Thread]

Thank you for this great module. I manage an only store selling large items that are drop shipped via freight truck. Freight truck delivers require a telephone. Sometimes the bill to and ship to address are different. Zen cart (1.5.1) out of the box doesn't have a field for ship to phone number so I've installed the Add_Shipping_Telephone module. The drop shipping PO module isn't picking up the shipping telephone because is wasn't part of the original zen cart. I imagine in admin/send_pos.php I need to add something that says shipping telephone. I'm one a beginner in php so any help would be appriciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast