Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping in store charged shipping in paypal IPN (store pickup)

Help!
    I have set store pickup to be available, and when chosen (in zen cart) in calculates shipping to be 0. So far so good.
    However then when it goes to paypal, it enters a shipping fee (correctly calculated if there WERE supposed to be shipping on the object).
    Why is this happening and how do I fix it?!
    The website is www.jibadoo.com.au
    Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping in zen cart, charged shipping in paypal IPN (store pickup)

PS. I don't have paypal for business, just a personal account, so I don't THINK there's anywhere I could have set shipping up in paypal itself...?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping in store charged shipping in paypal IPN (store pickup)

When using PayPal IPN, you MUST NOT set up taxes or shipping in your PayPal account profile.

And, you cannot use a "personal" account to receive payments via Zen Cart. You must use a "Premier" or "Business" account for that.

But, more than that, you should be using Express Checkout instead ... it gives all the same experience as IPN, but is far more reliable and better integrated into the shopping experience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.