Plugin Contributions

help question Can I take pre-orders without payments?

Hi everyone!
    I am looking for a cart that can best suit my needs. So I thought of asking the users to tell me if zen cart can be used for the following if they are kind enough =)
    I have an existing design of a website and would like to integrate a web cart into it. Also, I need the cart to send the order to my e-mail, without taking any payments from the person ordering but having them to register in the system (something like a preorder). And I will need it to be able to search and sort the products. Can zen cart do this without having to go through hell changing half of the code?))
    Sorry if this question is stupid! But I will really appreciate your answers!
    Thanks in advance)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I take pre-orders without payments?

Zen Cart can be set up as you describe with minor adjustments. It will not integrate into an existing HTML website with product pages, though; It handles all aspects of product display, purchasing and recordkeeping. The bes solution is to restyle the Zen Cart template to match your design and make Zen Cart your whole site. It has basic CMS features and can handle unlimited informational pages.

Plugin Contributions

A bit of detail: For "preorders without payment" you could use the "check/moneyorder" payment option and alter the associated wording to reflect that they are not purchasing immediately, and whatever else you want the customer to know.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply!
    Just a small other question. Will it be possible to easily translate this to a different language?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart uses "language packs" which each contain all of the text output for the stock setup in the given language. There are language packs for many languages, and you can create or customize your own if you wish. See the Plugins section. The customer can switch between any installed languages by clicking an icon.

Of course, you will have to supply your own translations for any custom category/product descriptions. This can be done in admin when you have installed an additional language.