Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bristol Lace Template Support Thread-Questions about slider and additional images

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon J View Post
    Hi Anne,

I tried this, but it didn't work..Only had a homepage with background. Now, instead of the zx slideshow, I would rather implement your module sliding home images. Is there a way to install any of your templates without the built in slider? I really like your templates, but I am having issues removing the easy slider. I think part of it has to do with the stylesheet.css. There are references to the slider, and when I try to remove them, I end up with just a background on my home page, so I am really not sure what code to eliminate and which code needs editing. Thank you

Sharon
    To remove the styles for the slider, remove this from the stylesheet.css file:

Code:
    /*bof easy slider*/
    #slider{margin:0 auto;position:relative;top:-8px;}
    #slider ul, #slider li, #slider2 ul, #slider2 li{margin:0;padding:0;list-style:none;}
    #slider2{margin-top:1em;}
    #slider li, #slider2 li{/*define width and height of list item (slide) entire slider area will adjust according to the parameters provided here */width:980px;height:250px;overflow:hidden;}    
    /*bof easy slider numeric controls*/    
    #control_div{width:200px;height:18px;position:relative;left:400px;top:-40px;}
    ol#controls{margin:1em 0;padding:0;height:18px;}
    ol#controls li{margin:0 10px 0 0;padding:0;float:left;list-style:none;height:18px;line-height:18px;}
    ol#controls li a{float:left;height:18px;line-height:18px;/*border:1px solid #141312;*/background:#e4cdd3;color:#444;padding:0 10px;text-decoration:none;}
    ol#controls li.current a{background:#ae3953;color:#fff;}
    ol#controls li a:focus, #prevBtn a:focus, #nextBtn a:focus{outline:none;}
    and add this to the #home-banner:

Code:
    display:none;
    Also, remvoe the file I posted previously, and the includes/templates/bristol_lace/common/tpl_home_slider.php file. You will need to remove this code from the includes/templates/bristol_lace/common/tpl_main_page.php file:

Code:
    <?php
      if ($this_is_home_page) {
    ?>
    <div id="home-banner"><center><?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_home_slider.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_home_slider.php');?></center></div>
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    Then you can add any slide show that you like.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bristol Lace Template Support Thread-Questions about slider and additional images

Hi Anne

I have a number of EZ Pages with headers and footers turned on. They appear in the Useful Links footer column but not in the Header Info > Useful Links.

Is there something I have done wrong? The website is here www.valentinewigs.co.uk.

Regards

Richard

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rikartalex View Post
    Hi Anne

I have a number of EZ Pages with headers and footers turned on. They appear in the Useful Links footer column but not in the Header Info > Useful Links.

Is there something I have done wrong? The website is here www.valentinewigs.co.uk.

Regards

Richard
    If you read the readme.html file you will see instructions for how to show the useful links in the header drop down menu ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    If you read the readme.html file you will see instructions for how to show the useful links in the header drop down menu ;-)

Thanks,

Anne
    Thank you, Anne. I missed the importance of step 5. It is all working now.

Regards

Richard

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rikartalex View Post
    Thank you, Anne. I missed the importance of step 5. It is all working now.

Regards

Richard
    I am happy that you figured it out ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the great template! Looks a treat, however the slider when viewed through Firefox is off the page... Is there a JS style missing somewhere?

Cheers Rich

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Barnett View Post
    Thanks for the great template! Looks a treat, however the slider when viewed through Firefox is off the page... Is there a JS style missing somewhere?

Cheers Rich
    This is not default template behaviour. If you post a link to your site I will take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

This is not default template behaviour. If you post a link to your site I will take a look.

Thanks,

Anne
    The site works fine with Chrome and Opera but in Internet Explorer and Firefox the slider jumps of the screen.

The link is: www.footplate.co.uk

Many thanks Richard

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Barnett View Post
    The site works fine with Chrome and Opera but in Internet Explorer and Firefox the slider jumps of the screen.

The link is: www.footplate.co.uk

Many thanks Richard
    Out of the box there are no problems with the slider when viewed in different browsers. I would look to one of the modifications you have made to the template to see where the slider moved. You can also just add cross browser rules in the stylesheet to fix the slider in the browsers that you see are not correct.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

To remove the styles for the slider, remove this from the stylesheet.css file:

Code:
    /*bof easy slider*/
    #slider{margin:0 auto;position:relative;top:-8px;}
    #slider ul, #slider li, #slider2 ul, #slider2 li{margin:0;padding:0;list-style:none;}
    #slider2{margin-top:1em;}
    #slider li, #slider2 li{/*define width and height of list item (slide) entire slider area will adjust according to the parameters provided here */width:980px;height:250px;overflow:hidden;}    
    /*bof easy slider numeric controls*/    
    #control_div{width:200px;height:18px;position:relative;left:400px;top:-40px;}
    ol#controls{margin:1em 0;padding:0;height:18px;}
    ol#controls li{margin:0 10px 0 0;padding:0;float:left;list-style:none;height:18px;line-height:18px;}
    ol#controls li a{float:left;height:18px;line-height:18px;/*border:1px solid #141312;*/background:#e4cdd3;color:#444;padding:0 10px;text-decoration:none;}
    ol#controls li.current a{background:#ae3953;color:#fff;}
    ol#controls li a:focus, #prevBtn a:focus, #nextBtn a:focus{outline:none;}
    and add this to the #home-banner:

Code:
    display:none;
    Also, remvoe the file I posted previously, and the includes/templates/bristol_lace/common/tpl_home_slider.php file. You will need to remove this code from the includes/templates/bristol_lace/common/tpl_main_page.php file:

Code:
    <?php
      if ($this_is_home_page) {
    ?>
    <div id="home-banner"><center><?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_home_slider.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_home_slider.php');?></center></div>
    <?php
      }
    ?>
    Then you can add any slide show that you like.

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

I followed your instructions, but still no joy. After following your instructions, I end up losing the mega menu in the header and footer. So, I started over, and after each step, I refreshed my page to see where the error comes in. When I remove the includes/templates/bristol_lace/common/tpl_home_slider.php file is when I lose all. I replace that file, and they are back.

Thank You,

Sharon

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast