Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to increase phpmyadmin max rows

Hi

the default 'max rows' in a table appears to be 30, does anyone know how I can access the database directory to increase the number of rows please?

thanks

Meepy12

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to increase phpmyadmin max rows

What issue are you trying to fix??
    What table etc??
    Reason??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Oh the reason is that my template is from TM, and installed by template tuners.

however i noticed some of my modules aren't on the configure menu (social media icon -row 31) & new tables added cannot be configured neither (ty package tracker-row 32).

I read online that the default is 30 rows, and that i need to configure phpmyadmin to allow more than the default....

Plugin Contributions

First backup your database in the event you error
    Use phpmyadmin to navigate to the table and variable and edit the number of rows
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Meepy12 View Post
    I read online that the default is 30 rows, and that i need to configure phpmyadmin to allow more than the default....
    There is no "max rows" setting to change. That is not the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    There is no "max rows" setting to change. That is not the problem.
    Hi

I don't understand as this site http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Config#MaxRows says :

"MaxRows: This is the maximum number of rows being displayed on one page when browsing a table or doing any other SELECT query. If more than this number of records are in the table or match the given SELECT query, additional navigation elements will be shown to allow browsing the whole result set. $cfg['MaxRows'] = 30;"

and i read somewhere that :

"In your phpMyAdmin directory, there will be a file called "config.inc.php". Find the line where it sets the MaxRows value: $cfg['MaxRows'] = 1000; And change the value to whatever you want."

I already navigated to the config table and variable and edited the number of rows to 32. but I got this message:

“Your preferences will be saved for current session only. Storing them permanently requires phpMyAdmin configuration storage.”

I have since checked and it has reverted back to 30 rows, and specifically states:

“Showing rows 0 - 27 ( 28 total, Query took 0.0002 sec)
    SELECT *
    FROM `configuration_group`
    LIMIT 0 , 30”

I have noted these irregularities on the config table in phpmyadmin:
    • only 28 of the 32 rows are showing,
    • 2 rows have the same sort order number 16, (regulations & GV coupon)
    • similarly, 1 of the config group id’s (11) has a sort order which is out of sequence e.g. #10 has a sort order 10, #11 has order 16, and #12 has order 12 and so on (none of the rows have been assign to sort order 11)
    • 1 row is hidden from configuration (module options)
    Do you think the problem is something to do with coding in the TM template? or a problem with how the tables/databases were installed by TT? e if so, kindly explain how I can fix it without damaging the website or template

Many thanks
    Last edited by Meepy12; 20 Nov 2012 at 01:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

another irregularity on the config table in phpmyadmin:

• There aren't any rows with config_group_id’s numbered 26-29, it just skips from #25 to #30

Plugin Contributions

as an experiment I did these changes to the table:
    *change regulation sort order to 11,
    *assigned social icon & ty tracker to rows 26 & 27,
    *change ezpage setting to 28
    but none of these made a difference on my zen cart admin config menu. the config menu is still showing just 25 variables. Also it appears I do not have the privilege to flush the tables cache? why

Is the database directory the key to this problem?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I think you have something seriously wrong with your database, and your fiddling with it has only made it worse. Changing those values will have broken your admin menu as well.

Either restore from the backup you made before it got broken, or start over with a clean store.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I think you have something seriously wrong with your database, and your fiddling with it has only made it worse. Changing those values will have broken your admin menu as well.

Either restore from the backup you made before it got broken, or start over with a clean store.
    Dr Byte is correct.

Fiddling with the database, or the way in which phpMyAdmin renders it, is dangerous. The 30 rows is a DISPLAY FEATURE - not a limitation. Tables can have HUNDREDS of rows... the 30 value is simply a limit in how many will DISPLAY on a screen.

You have made another fundamental error... you have chosen a TemplateMonster template, which is probably INCOMPATIBLE with your version of zencart. If menu options are not showing up in your zencart admin console, then it is probably because the MySQL patch associated with them (ie: the add-on module(s) you are trying to use) is not compatible with the new version of zencart - which has a different system for loading new menu options into admin console, compared with Zencart 1.3.x

Simplest solution is to start again - and throw the TM template into the bin.
    19 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast