Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PHP upgrade from 5.2 to 5.4 issue - Caused by SSU plugin

My server host sent me an email telling me to upgrade my PHP from 5.2 to 5.4.

When I did this my site got all crazy and I got an error message generated by ZenCart.

I do not have a copy of the error message on hand, but can switch it back to 5.4 to help describe the issue further.

Upon switching back to 5.2, the issue fixed itself.

I searched to find others with the same issue and could not find the same issue - apologies if this has already been addressed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PHP upgrade from 5.2 to 5.4 issue

apologies, but I believe this message should be posted in the report bug area.

I will post it there, please delete.

Plugin Contributions

I really hope you didn't as this is not a bug. Version 1.3.8 is seven years old and not compatible with current PHP versions. Not to mention the known vulnerabilities making it a hacker's target.

Time to upgrade.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Right. It's not really a bug, since PHP 5.4 didn't exist when v1.3.8a was built.

You need to upgrade your Zen Cart to the latest version.
    www.zen-cart.com/upgrade

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank You for your help! You really made my day =)

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte, I have the same issue. The concern is that I can't get the 1.5 config files to work; therefore, I can't upgrade. My store (1.3.8a) will die in a few months if it won't run under PHP5.4 or if I don't get an answer to my configure problem (I think I posted it in March, but don't hold me to it), which is still pending.

I've read where I don't need to use SSL, but that's contrary to everything else I've ever read. So, I can't upgrade, and I can't keep running what I have. I'm now forced to search for another store, which isn't what I want to do, either.

I worked in software support for a very large software company for about 10 years. It's very easy to become complacent and even to disregard some people as not smart enough to run your product when you're the guru. (I was Dr. 8-bit, plus 1 parity, and snarled when when some people didn't understand a limit of 32,767 on certain parms). Zen-cart is supposed to be for the "average" person from what I'm reading, and I don't know that's the case. I spent 20 years in mainframes and have installed software in Clear Lake (you know the one, you've seen it on the news, except they always started by saying "Houston, ..." instead of "Clear Lake, ..." I've also taught classes at White Sands Missile Range, but PHP is a different world than MVS.

I lease an entire server ($$$) just to get fast response from Zen-Cart. I'd like to keep it going, but some of this is beyond my areas of expertise.
    Thanks,
    Ray

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

@rayw1679,
    Your issue is more specialized than the topic in this thread.
    I've responded in your other thread, where the discussion is more relevant.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, and I appreciate that. I have responded to your post.

I just wanted to make sure you understood the gravity of what some of us are facing. I think neonfyr was feeling some frustration. Frankly, for me, I'm not the systems engineer I once was. Two spinal surgeries and the resulting pain meds have limited my technical skills considerably.
    Thanks,
    Ray

Plugin Contributions

Well, I've upgraded to the Zen Cart v1.5.1

I flipped the switch to go to PHP 5.4 from 5.2 and the site is still down.

So I will switch back to get the site to function, but I have to switch to PHP 5.4 very soon.

Please advise if you have any idea. =)

Plugin Contributions

The folks at my net host 1and1 said they are working on resolving the compatibility issues with PHP 5.4 and Zen Cart, I sure hope so.

=)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast