Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pure CSS Mega Menu

I love that you made this a standalone...I have it in my store now but I wanted to ask...

When the submenu is open for a category (or subsequent sub menus) the user can not slide down from one link to the next without the menu closing up.

I have set the categories sort order to be the last in the list but, this work around is good for only the first sub -- see image please or go to http://fantasiesrealm.com

to Poser and Daz/textures/outfit colors, when you hover over the first link it is fine but hover over the second one and you go to the next category UNLESS/sometimes you go to the near end of the block then you can choose a lower category

is there somewhere to get the listing to behave?
    is there a way to add an arrow icon to those categories with subs?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

I forgot the image

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nyrissa View Post
    Hi, I just installed this on one of my sites and it seems to have gone in fine, but the old nav bar is still there. lol
    I re-read the directions for installing it a few times, and it doesn't look like I missed anything. But I can't quite figure out what's up because I'm still rather new to zen-cart.
    My site: http:// anyrissa bjd .x10 .bz/
    I haven't adjusted it for width yet or anything, until I get the double-nav bar issue figured out.
    I should also probably note that I am just trying it out on this site so I didn't break my other site. lol So it will not be staying on this one.

Thank you very much for this module! I built one of these for my old site with HTML and CSS, but I couldn't get it to work on this one. So this works just perfect. :)
    If you want to hide the current navigation bar, just add a display:none; to the #navMainWrapper in your stylesheet.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I love that you made this a standalone...I have it in my store now but I wanted to ask...

When the submenu is open for a category (or subsequent sub menus) the user can not slide down from one link to the next without the menu closing up.

I have set the categories sort order to be the last in the list but, this work around is good for only the first sub -- see image please or go to http://fantasiesrealm.com

to Poser and Daz/textures/outfit colors, when you hover over the first link it is fine but hover over the second one and you go to the next category UNLESS/sometimes you go to the near end of the block then you can choose a lower category

is there somewhere to get the listing to behave?
    is there a way to add an arrow icon to those categories with subs?

Thanks in advance
    This is not the default behavior of the menu. I would back track to check any changes you made in the stylesheet_mega_menu.css file especially any widths, padding, margins, or position changes.

You can add your arrows in the stylesheet_mega_menu.css file.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

having a couple issues, one i lost my search box in the install. two well this http://raptorengines.com/index.php?main_page=index doesnt seem to be replacing the main menu, just hopped on top. this is a template monster so yea i know theres issues. just wondering if ya have any ideas as to how i can make this work. i put in top-categories display none and that sort of worked, but your drop downs disappear as soon as you move the mouse down. i guess even if it's not displayed the main menu is still there disrupting the function of the new menu?

Plugin Contributions

nevermind had to take it down before my boss saw the site in shambles and killed me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ICwater View Post
    having a couple issues, one i lost my search box in the install. two well this http://raptorengines.com/index.php?main_page=index doesnt seem to be replacing the main menu, just hopped on top. this is a template monster so yea i know theres issues. just wondering if ya have any ideas as to how i can make this work. i put in top-categories display none and that sort of worked, but your drop downs disappear as soon as you move the mouse down. i guess even if it's not displayed the main menu is still there disrupting the function of the new menu?
    You will need to either remove or hide the existing menu if you don't want both to show.

A good idea would be to add the menu onto a development version of your cart first, get it the way you like, and then move it to your live cart ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I went in and adjusted numbers again and seem to have gotten it to be somewhat compliant with me...lol I have no clue how to add the little side arrow to the menu links at all...probably very simple yet the brain is not working simple today either...but this is what I did and if customer goes to about the middle section of the subs link then they can go from link to link in each sub cat.

Again thanks for this addon and the very easy to manage templates you create...I have gotten several of my "clients" to leave their monster templates and add yours instead.
    Attachment 11620

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I went in and adjusted numbers again and seem to have gotten it to be somewhat compliant with me...lol I have no clue how to add the little side arrow to the menu links at all...probably very simple yet the brain is not working simple today either...but this is what I did and if customer goes to about the middle section of the subs link then they can go from link to link in each sub cat.

Again thanks for this addon and the very easy to manage templates you create...I have gotten several of my "clients" to leave their monster templates and add yours instead.
    Attachment 11620
    I am happy that you have fixed the problem ;-) If you do a quick google search for something like css list style image you will get tutorials on how to add images as bullets to list items.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I have the megamenu running nicely as part of one of your templates.

What I would like to do is keep the shop drop down menu as is

take one specific category (its a top level category) and place it on the menu bar by itself and have its child categories drop down from it as well, is this possble?

I have cloned the categories_ul_generator.php file, and tried editing the sql query but i just seem to break it.

any ideas or pointers, I realise this is probably out of the scope of this thread, but I thought I'd ask
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast