Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [Duplicate] Cannot give permission to create other product types in 1.5.0

As superuser, I can create a Document - Product in my 1.5.0 site. But when I set up other users, even if I check every box and give them permissions to access everything, they cannot add any new products except for the default "Product - General" type products. Choose any other and they get the "Sorry, your security clearance does not allow you to access this resource. Please contact your site administrator if you believe this to be incorrect. Sorry for any inconvenience." message.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot give permission to create other product types in 1.5.0

Maybe I should add this is NOT an upgraded site. It is a new 1.5.0 site.

Plugin Contributions

This is a known bug with version 1.5.0. You can either follow the instructions in that thread or upgrade to 1.5.1
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

My admin/profiles.php file does not have either the before or after line of code in that bug thread. It has
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('profileBoxes', FILENAME_PROFILES, 'action=update') ?>

Plugin Contributions

When I edit that line to <?php echo zen_draw_form('profileBoxes', FILENAME_PROFILES, 'action=insert') ?> I am still not able to create any other product types except Product- General if logged in as anything other than superuser.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seattleannie View Post
    When I edit that line to <?php echo zen_draw_form('profileBoxes', FILENAME_PROFILES, 'action=insert') ?> I am still not able to create any other product types except Product- General if logged in as anything other than superuser.
    The bug in 1.5.0 caused you to be unable to give non-superusers permission to access pages within the admin side of Zen Cart. After applying the patch you still need to go to "admin" -> "admin access management" -> "user profiles". Click "edit" next to the profile you wish to add or remove permissions.

For non superuser accounts to be able to create / edit products, they will need permissions under "Catalog" for "Categories/Products" and "Products". Additionally under "Product Types" the product types you want the profile to be able to use. When done select "Update".
    Last edited by lhungil; 16 Nov 2012 at 09:39 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    The bug in 1.5.0 caused you to be unable to give non-superusers permission to access pages within the admin side of Zen Cart. After applying the patch you still need to go to "admin" -> "admin access management" -> "user profiles". Click "edit" next to the profile you wish to add or remove permissions.

For non superuser accounts to be able to create / edit products, they will need permissions under "Catalog" for "Categories/Products" and "Products". Additionally under "Product Types" the product types you want the profile to be able to use. When done select "Update".
    Of course, I had already done this before replying earlier.

When I edit the user profile, I see no heading for "Product Types" where I can select certain types. I don't see this in the Superuser profile either.
    Last edited by seattleannie; 16 Nov 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: My first sentence looked like part of the quote.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by seattleannie View Post
    I see no heading for "Product Types" where I can select certain types. I don't see this in the Superuser profile either.
    Was accidentally looking at my Zen Cart 1.5.1 installation (it does work in 1.5.1). You are right, this is not working in 1.5.0. You might try copying over /admin/includes/functions/admin_access.php and /admin/profiles.php from 1.5.1.... It may fix the problem, but I've not tried this myself.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Unfortunately the thread linked to earlier is insufficent to fix the problem you have. As mentioned earlier you will need to update to v1.5.1 to address that.

You can see the changes involved here and here

While not recommended you could download v1.5.1 and replace the 3 files involved.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately the thread linked to earlier is insufficent to fix the problem you have. As mentioned earlier you will need to update to v1.5.1 to address that.

You can see the changes involved here and here

While not recommended you could download v1.5.1 and replace the 3 files involved.
    Thanks, Milt. The site in question already has a fair amount of modules installed, so I would prefer to try replacing the 3 files with the 1.5.1 versions. But what 3 files *are* involved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast