Plugin Contributions

Default PP Express - 3 log files show "Success" but no order

I know enough about reading the log files to be dangerous. There are 3 PayPal log files related to a particular order. All 3 files indicate success to me.

There was no order created.
    There are no funds transferred to our PP account.

Customer said that she was taken back to our site after completing the PP screens and assumed the order was complete and just went on about her usual websurfing.

Customer's order is still sitting in her shopping cart as though she never went through the checkout process.

Is this just an anomaly or something to be concerned about?

This is the first time that I can remember seeing this and I don't remember why I happened to be looking at the PP log files. Seeing orders without any customer, order information and $0 total is an occasional occurrence but usually happens immediately following an international order and is associated with the PP IP address.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PP Express - 3 log files show "Success" but no order

There can be up to 12 log files created with an EC transaction, and if you have it set to email them, then there could be about 50 emails sent, because there are numerous small logging steps.
    The important log files come in sets of three, all with "CURL" in the filename: SetExpressCheckout, GetExpressCheckoutDetails, and DoExpressCheckoutPayment. The first one simply sets up a connection between PayPal and your store. The second brings back necessary customer data AFTER the customer has logged in. The third submits the actual payment. If you didn't get the last one, then the customer abandoned the order. If the last one says Failed then something was wrong with the transaction.
    The other log files are merely debugging tools to attempt to determine what might have gone wrong in the event of one of those "CURL" logs saying "failed".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

TNX DrByte

Those are the 3 CURL logfiles that I have. The last line in all three files is "Success"

SetExpressCheckout, Elapsed: 394ms -- Success
    GetExpressCheckoutDetails, Elapsed: 343ms -- Success
    DoExpressCheckoutPayment, Elapsed: 1952ms -- Success
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing that the logs you're looking at are not related to the order you first posted about. They all need to be relating to the same transaction, too.

If it says "success", then it was paid, and the transaction will show in your Paypal account. If the payment was submitted as "Final Sale", then you'll have the money too. Either way, it'll show in your Transaction History.

If you don't have the money for a transaction where DoExpressCheckoutPayment says Success, then you'll need to take that up with PayPal: www.paypal.com/mts

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

My first post was that there is no order, nada associated with these logfiles. That is why I am confused. No order, no confirmation email, no funds into my account, no funds taken from the customer's account, items still in the customer's cart afterwards. but the log files exist with the customer's info.

Customer went through the checkout process again yesterday with success.

I did open a ticket with PayPal (121123-000247) yesterday but no response yet.

I am ready to chalk this one up as unexplainable since there is no money lost or gained, sorta like the occasional PP order for zero dollars immediately following an international order.

TNX for the followup DrByte
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I didn't bother addressing your comment about the order in Zen Cart, because if no money was taken then Zen Cart has nothing to do, and there'd be no point recording an order that didn't have a completed payment.

I'm glad your customer was able to complete their purchase finally.