Plugin Contributions

Default Date of Last Order

Zen Cart newbie and trying to extract customer order data from customer order table. Im looking at the data using myPHPadmin. Is there a "date of last order" field in Zen Cart already? I am trying to create a a report that shows customer demographic data such as name, address, etc. and would like to pull the date of the customer's last order and their last invoice #. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Date of Last Order

I do not think that "date of last order" is data generated or retained
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Isn't it just:
    max of the date_purchased from the orders table, referenced by customer id?

Apsona does custom reports of almost anything, you should have a look at that.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help in both cases! Regarding Apsona, is there much risk to the existing Zen Cart installation to installing the add on? I am working on this for a client. I would of course back up the database first but is there anything I should be worried about if the install doesn't work for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Isn't it just:
    max of the date_purchased from the orders table, referenced by customer id?

Apsona does custom reports of almost anything, you should have a look at that.

Plugin Contributions

..is there anything I should be worried about if the install doesn't work for some reason?
    As always...try out EVERY add-on or modification on your development/test server first to see if it meets your needs before stuffing (possibly) unnecessary code in your production shop.

For problems with Apsona...ask in the Apsona thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...date-reporting

Personally I have had no problems but I only use it for import/export, not reports.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=torvista;1166981]As always...try out EVERY add-on or modification on your development/test server first to see if it meets your needs before stuffing (possibly) unnecessary code in your production shop.

torvista, sorry for the naive questions, but client doesn't currently have a development/test server. What is the easiest way for me to accomplish this? If I do a Zen Cart install of my own on my own server/host and copy her files following the instructions on Zen Cart, this is essentially moving her installation right? I would prefer to set up the test/development on the client's existing server but am not sure how to go about this due to my newness to Zen Cart.
    Last edited by rgriese; 25 Nov 2012 at 11:32 PM.

Plugin Contributions

What is the easiest way for me to accomplish this?
    There are lots of threads about setting up a local site, I use Xampp on windows.

Install a new Zen Cart somewhere...I prefer on a local server to make file editing and management easier but others would argue you should use the same server environment as the real site...to make sure it works out of the box in your environment. Use the same db (name, password) details as the site you are duplicating.
    Install the mysqlbackup plugin in the live and local site and backup the production database to import into the test database.
    Use Beyond Compare or similar with an FTP profile setup to compare the production fileset with the test fileset and copy the different files to the local server apart from the configure.php files.
    That gives you a duplicated site to fiddle with to your hearts content, with no risk to the working site. In effect it means the real site is now a backup for the test site for when it all goes wrong!

Make your changes, test thoroughly that they work, upload the changed files to the production site.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all the help! 1 final thing for now.... I use a MAC as my normal workstation. Do you forsee any problems if I set up my local server on it vs. a Windows machine? I know XAMPP is available for MAC.