Plugin Contributions

Default Order Confirmation No: 0‏

Anyone else come across this problem?

Every order that is generated from my store has a Order Confirmation No of 0. I've triple checked all the settings and can't seem to find what is causing this error.

I get orders from Paypal fine, but no orders are logged into Zen Cart, customer order totals are not updated or available through admin either, but I do get new customers listed when they purchase. Just not what they purchased or any purchase totals. It's been this way for months now and despite my efforts and research I have been unable to find the problem.

I do have the Numinex Fast & Easy Checkout installed‏ (which seems to be working fine) so I'm not sure if this is somehow related or not. I also have the CEON URI mapping, Easy updates, Back in stock notifications installed and all seem to be working fine.

Worth mentioning is that I did try to install the Abandoned cart module at one point but the install failed. I've tried again a few times and the install still fails. I did run the uninstall .sql and replaced the modified files when I finally gave up on the mod. Again not sure if this is related.

Might be something simple but I can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation No: 0‏

Sounds typical of problems encountered when using URL-rewriting and relying on the PayPal IPN to complete your orders, instead of using the more reliable and modern Express Checkout module.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds typical of problems encountered when using URL-rewriting and relying on the PayPal IPN to complete your orders, instead of using the more reliable and modern Express Checkout module.
    Hi Dr, Byte,

Appreciate the feedback. I do have the Express Checkout module installed. Any ideas on what else it could be? Or any settings I may have incorrect?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I know that out-of-the-box Zen Cart and Express Checkout work fine, never generating "0" as an order number.

Here's where I'd start: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.