Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default The infamous Congratulations line and more - I need help.

I will admit I know nothing about building a web page and I have waded thru pages and pages of info only to be even more confused. I have been changing stuff in zen cart a bit at a time but I am now at a point where I have stuff I have to change and I don't have a clue how to do it. So, my first problem is the infamous "Congratulations..." line. I have gone to the template help page concerning this I don't know how many times and what I am really confused about is - where is the "include" file? Is it in my zen cart? Is it in the public_html folder: Is it in the template folder I chose? I have checked it alland when it says to look for include/english/index_html (or something to that effect), I can find english, but there is nothing that resembles index in that file. Do I have it in on my laptop? So, in simple to understand language, can someone help this old lady? I don't understand about php files and I have yet to figure out how to change the image at the top of the page and put my own image/logo there. I would appreciate any and all help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The infamous Congratulations line and more - I need help.

The tutorials are a resource for these often asked questions
    I searched for "congratulations"
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...talled-message
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Any time one of the tutorials or a reply here in the forum refers to a file, it's talking about the files on your website's server. You access those files using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program. Many here use a free program called Filezilla. I use the FireFTP plugin for the Firefox browser.

The Zencart 'includes' folder is in the 'public_html' folder, so to remove the Congratulations message, you would use your FTP program to access the files on your server, open the 'public_html' folder, then open the 'incudes' folder, then the 'languages' folder, then the 'english' folder and download (drag and drop) the index.php file to your local computer. Make the edit(s) mentioned in the tutorial and re-upload the file to the server. Since the language files are overridable, it should end up in the includes/languages/english/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_NAME folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Any time one of the tutorials or a reply here in the forum refers to a file, it's talking about the files on your website's server. You access those files using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program. Many here use a free program called Filezilla. I use the FireFTP plugin for the Firefox browser.

The Zencart 'includes' folder is in the 'public_html' folder, so to remove the Congratulations message, you would use your FTP program to access the files on your server, open the 'public_html' folder, then open the 'incudes' folder, then the 'languages' folder, then the 'english' folder and download (drag and drop) the index.php file to your local computer. Make the edit(s) mentioned in the tutorial and re-upload the file to the server. Since the language files are overridable, it should end up in the includes/languages/english/YOUR_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_NAME folder.
    Thank you stevesh. I will see if I can find it and work on it today. I really have been trying to find answers, but when you are not used to flipping between a website and your laptop and changing code it's overwhelming. I'll keep you posted

Plugin Contributions

Stevesh, I did exactly what you said, thanks so much! But when I go to my webpage, nothing has changed. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

A link to your page
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    A link to your page

Ok, how do I do that? I'm not trying to be a pest, but I haven't done any code writing since college and that was a long time ago.

Plugin Contributions

http: // www .zen-cart.com/

Add spaces to prevent it being a direct link
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I give up. I'm sorry I don't understand what you are telling me.

Plugin Contributions

The url to your website
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast