Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back to Top Plugin [Support Thread]

I took out the plugin. As soon as I install it again i will let you know. Thank you.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    I took out the plugin. As soon as I install it again i will let you know. Thank you.
    Ok ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    Ok ;-)

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

I am using this plugin also. This is in response to Kevin...It may be that he tried to view with IE..when I first loaded the module, it did not show on any pages either, and when I viewed your demo, it was absent. I was using IE, as soon as I switched to Firefox, all was well, my site and the demo site...

Sharon

Plugin Contributions

I should have have done this earlier.

My problem was, not loading the stylesheet "stylesheet_back_to_top.css" in the proper location. I had placed it in the wrong template theme folder.

I tested the back_top plugin by Anne in Firefox (18.01), Google Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.56 m) & IE (9), and it functions perfectly in all. Thank you for the reply and Thank you Anne.
    Last edited by Kevin205; 25 Jan 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon J View Post
    Hi Anne,

I am using this plugin also. This is in response to Kevin...It may be that he tried to view with IE..when I first loaded the module, it did not show on any pages either, and when I viewed your demo, it was absent. I was using IE, as soon as I switched to Firefox, all was well, my site and the demo site...

Sharon
    Did you try adding the z-index fix in my post #5 of this thread?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    I should have have done this earlier.

My problem was, not loading the stylesheet "stylesheet_back_to_top.css" in the proper location. I had placed it in the wrong template theme folder.

I tested the back_top plugin by Anne in Firefox (18.01), Google Chrome (Version 24.0.1312.56 m) & IE (9), and it functions perfectly in all. Thank you for the reply and Thank you Anne.
    I am happy that you figured out the problem :-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Did you try adding the z-index fix in my post #5 of this thread?

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne

No, I haven't tried the z-index as of yet for a couple of reasons: 1. When I read that particular post, it was working in FireFox, and I thought you were talking specifically about viewing on small monitors, plus, I did not know what z-index was, or what it did. 2. After reading your response to me, I did some reading on z-index to see what exactly it was and what is for. After reading, I'm still not sure how to implement z-index. The articles I read mentioned putting a number in, and I wasn't sure how low or how high to make the number, and though I know which section of the code to put it in, still not sure exactly where in that block of code I should add it.
    Which, after reading the articles, it makes me wonder if that would fix an issue I am having after having installed this plug-in...I was actually getting ready to post to the forum with my question..Actually it's a two-fold question..

I am using ZC 1.51, Oxford Dark Template. I installed the Back To Top plug-in, tried to install the social network sidebar, couldn't get them to work together. So, I uninstalled the sidebar, but now, in the footer-bottom, social-media, my social icons have moved (see attachment). I'm not saying this mod caused it, that's when I first noticed it. I usually check my site after each mod install to verify any changes. I don't remember touching the footer file at all for any mod that I've used. However, something I've done has caused this..so my question is...do you think the z-index will fix this issue? If not, I will post in the Oxford Dark forum to see which specific file I need from my original download of the template and overwrite with the original file and see if this fixes the issue.

The second question is: Can I implement both the social sidebar and back to top together? I have tried to merge the files, but the edits for both say to put code in the exact same place in the tpl_main_page.php. and I am having issues merging.

Thank you so much Anne for all of your time and effort. Name:  footermenu.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  54.9 KB

Sharon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon J View Post
    Hi Anne

No, I haven't tried the z-index as of yet for a couple of reasons: 1. When I read that particular post, it was working in FireFox, and I thought you were talking specifically about viewing on small monitors, plus, I did not know what z-index was, or what it did. 2. After reading your response to me, I did some reading on z-index to see what exactly it was and what is for. After reading, I'm still not sure how to implement z-index. The articles I read mentioned putting a number in, and I wasn't sure how low or how high to make the number, and though I know which section of the code to put it in, still not sure exactly where in that block of code I should add it.
    Which, after reading the articles, it makes me wonder if that would fix an issue I am having after having installed this plug-in...I was actually getting ready to post to the forum with my question..Actually it's a two-fold question..

I am using ZC 1.51, Oxford Dark Template. I installed the Back To Top plug-in, tried to install the social network sidebar, couldn't get them to work together. So, I uninstalled the sidebar, but now, in the footer-bottom, social-media, my social icons have moved (see attachment). I'm not saying this mod caused it, that's when I first noticed it. I usually check my site after each mod install to verify any changes. I don't remember touching the footer file at all for any mod that I've used. However, something I've done has caused this..so my question is...do you think the z-index will fix this issue? If not, I will post in the Oxford Dark forum to see which specific file I need from my original download of the template and overwrite with the original file and see if this fixes the issue.

The second question is: Can I implement both the social sidebar and back to top together? I have tried to merge the files, but the edits for both say to put code in the exact same place in the tpl_main_page.php. and I am having issues merging.

Thank you so much Anne for all of your time and effort. Name:  footermenu.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  54.9 KB

Sharon
    If you post a link to your site i can take a look.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

I do not have a link as this is not a live site and is hosted on my local machine. I did, however, add this mod to another site on my local machine using the same template, and the issue was not there. I compared the tpl_main_page_php from both sites. There was a difference, I implemented the difference, with no change. On this particular issue, I will post in the Oxford Dark forum to find out which files control the footer menu and compare the originals to the ones I have installed. I know that you answer both forums, but so as to not go off topic here, I will post there.

The other question, can I use this mod in conjunction with the social networking sidebar? In both, the tpl_main_page.php need edits in the same place. I had issues trying to merge the two.

Thank You,

Sharon

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

Anne
    Hi Anne,

I've posted in the Oxford Dark forum, but have since figured it out. Am posting here since my original post was here, and in case anyone saw this post and had the same issue, they would have an answer. I don't know if you want to move this to somewhere more appropriate..

Without going through the lengthy details as I did in the Oxford forum, it did turn out to be a mod. Remember I said that I tried to install the social networking sidebar after back to top but couldn't get it to work so I removed it? Well, the conflict was because the sidebar has the exact same images as the footer menu, exact same filename, only larger size images, so the ones for the footer were replaced, and the footer was drawing from the larger images. I grabbed the original images from the template files, put those back into the correct folder over writing the files that had been overwritten, and all is well.

I am still interested in the sidebar, if it can be merged with the back to top. If so, I will rename the sidebar images by adding a 1 to the filename and changing the code to reference the new filename.

If they can't be made to play nice, I will probably take out back to top and opt for the sidebar.

Thank you so much.

Sharon

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast