Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Back to Top Plugin [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon J View Post
    Hi Anne,

I've posted in the Oxford Dark forum, but have since figured it out. Am posting here since my original post was here, and in case anyone saw this post and had the same issue, they would have an answer. I don't know if you want to move this to somewhere more appropriate..

Without going through the lengthy details as I did in the Oxford forum, it did turn out to be a mod. Remember I said that I tried to install the social networking sidebar after back to top but couldn't get it to work so I removed it? Well, the conflict was because the sidebar has the exact same images as the footer menu, exact same filename, only larger size images, so the ones for the footer were replaced, and the footer was drawing from the larger images. I grabbed the original images from the template files, put those back into the correct folder over writing the files that had been overwritten, and all is well.

I am still interested in the sidebar, if it can be merged with the back to top. If so, I will rename the sidebar images by adding a 1 to the filename and changing the code to reference the new filename.

If they can't be made to play nice, I will probably take out back to top and opt for the sidebar.

Thank you so much.

Sharon
    I am happy that you figured it out ;-)

Any jqueries can be made to work together. You will have to figure out where the conflicts are, if the same file is being loaded twice, etc. and fix these issues.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

I installed this mod and my whole site design disappears.. I can get it back by installing the original tpl_main_page.php file from template_default.. but not sure why it's not working on my site?

Here it is, I have to leave for the day so I'll leave it alone until I hear from you or anyone else, I really appreciate any help, thanks so much!

by the way, I'm using v 1.5.0

http://theposhbox.net/ZenCart/
    Last edited by pamela631; 11 May 2013 at 07:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Never Mind.. figured it out with a friends awesome help..

The code is supposed to go in the tpl_main_page.php in between this:

<body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>>

and this:
    <?php

I was putting the code after <?php

Thanks Patty of Treasured Scraps!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pamela631 View Post
    Never Mind.. figured it out with a friends awesome help..

The code is supposed to go in the tpl_main_page.php in between this:

<body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>>

and this:
    <?php

I was putting the code after <?php

Thanks Patty of Treasured Scraps!
    Are the installation instructions in the readme.html file incorrect?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

Ummmm, I think what it doesn't actually state to put the code in between and I was just assuming to place it after the <?php for <body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>> It's probably just me though, I just didn't quite understand.. maybe you could add that somewhere on the instructions, but I'm probably the only person who has done this, LOL

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pamela631 View Post
    Hi Anne,

Ummmm, I think what it doesn't actually state to put the code in between and I was just assuming to place it after the <?php for <body id="<?php echo $body_id . 'Body'; ?>"<?php if($zv_onload !='') echo ' onload="'.$zv_onload.'"'; ?>> It's probably just me though, I just didn't quite understand.. maybe you could add that somewhere on the instructions, but I'm probably the only person who has done this, LOL
    The readme is pretty clear, "Find this line of code:"

Code:
    "Directly below it add the following:"

Code:
    <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/back_to_top.min.js' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function(){
    BackToTop({
    text : 'Back to Top',
    autoShow : true,
    timeEffect : 750
    });
    });
    </script>
    I don't think that anything else needs to be added ;-)

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

Great mod! I am working on www.fossilandrock.co.uk, using version 1.5.1. I have about 30 add ons on this site. I have removed the line

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Strange thing is, the back to top only works on my product info page, no other pages. What am I doing wrong?

B

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barendfaber View Post
    Hi Anne,

Great mod! I am working on www.fossilandrock.co.uk, using version 1.5.1. I have about 30 add ons on this site. I have removed the line

Strange thing is, the back to top only works on my product info page, no other pages. What am I doing wrong?

B
    Back to top needs the jquery library to work. If you have other plugins that also load the jquery library (it seems like you do on the product info pages) then you will have to work out where the conflict is on these pages and with these modules.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

I've been sitting here for the last 2 hours trying to make back to top arrows work, when it dawned on me to check the ZenCart mods. You are a life saver (well, I still have some hair left at least) Anne! Works perfectly :)

One quick question ... is there a way to make it work with an image rather than text?

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I have installed this plugin to v1.5.4 & Winchester Black and works a dream. I cannot work out how to change the colours, can some one help? Thanks
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast