Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake fai

I am using version 1.5.0. I am testing express checkout in paypal sandbox.

I tried testing the send IPN through paypal sandbox. However it does not show in the orders or PayPal Instant Payment Notifications section within the zencart control panel.

When I try to buy something from my website, I get the following error message -

“ An error occurred when I tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure ”

I have already entered the user name, passwords & API signature in the administrator section. And entered the handler information in paypal.

What am I doing wrong ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN not working

As I understand it (have never used the sandbox), you need separate credentials for a Paypal sandbox account. You can't use your regular Paypal credentials.

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN not working

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    As I understand it (have never used the sandbox), you need separate credentials for a Paypal sandbox account. You can't use your regular Paypal credentials.
    I have separate credentials.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake

Quote Originally Posted by xr3461 View Post
    (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure ”
    That's a server-side problem.
    Maybe your hosting company's server doesn't like talking to the sandbox servers.
    Try using real live API credentials and accounts, instead of the sandbox. If the same symptoms persist then definitely you'll need to get your hosting company to sort out the server problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake

Thanks for the reply. will give it a try.