Plugin Contributions

Default can I have different payment processors for "high risk" items?

ok so i read the forums over and found a few things that kinda pertained to what i wanted to know but were just slightly different, so for what im going to be selling on the net there are some higher risk items that apparently at a higher risk for having a charge back and other implications due to the nature of the products.

so what i need is two payment options from different companies one that is high risk and one that offers good rates that i can use for the majority of purchases.

then i need my sit to know if 'A' product is put into shopping cart then use 'X' payment processor, if not then use 'Y' payment processor.

is the solution i'm asking for reasonable? i wouldnt assume it would be hard to translate into a script that would run real quick when you "go to checkout". the solution seems very doable but i was wondering if someone has been able to integrate that into Zen Cart yet or if it would be easy for someone to explain to me how to do it.... ive written code before but not on a from scratch basis so im no expert.

Can some one please help me accomplish this? i dont know if i put the zen cart option down correctly but i just recently downloaded my zencart solution so its the newest build

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can I have different payment processors for "high risk" items?

What you are asking for isn't going to be too difficult for someone that isn't afraid to experiment a little with the code.

The most difficult aspect is in identifying which products are 'high risk' and which are low risk. I guess the easiest way to do this would to create a special category for the high risk products.

From there it is then a matter of enabling/disabling the required payment methods for the relevant categories. This is also quite easy (at least in theory) because all of the zencart payment (and shipping) modules have a variable called "$this-enabled" somewhere early on in the code. This variable is normally set via the admin configuration settings for the relevent module, but they can also be set/reset from the module itself.

About the only reason why this kind of thing hasn't already been programmed into zencart is due to the human interface complexities. Essentially no two sites will ever be alike in this regard so each store will need its own custom code.

If you search these forums you'll find many threads with good examples of the code you'll be needing, all you need do is *try* what you think is going to be best for your needs, and if you find it doesn't work as expected I'm certain someone here will be able to set you back on the right track.
    What we are not able to do though is to create the code specifically for you, because we don't know your store.

So, it can be done, it isn't too difficult, BUT, it requires that *you* do the bulk of the 'work' based on the examples in other threads.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can I have different payment processors for "high risk" items?

You Rock Thanks a whole bunch!!!! ive been waiting all night for someone to reply thanks!