Plugin Contributions

Default using ZC for letter art store - package sale

Hello,
    I have searched and searched but cannot return any information on what I am attempting to do.
    I need to setup a storefront for letter art. I am really trying to avoid costly custom programming.

Ideally, a person would select a "package", then add items until the package amount is fullfilled. (Pay one price and select multiple items). For example, they select "package 1" from the cart @ 75.00, then they are able to select a total of 7 products.
    I cannot show these as prepackaged, as each letter can have about 500 options.

I want to avoid individually pricing letters and a frame.

Can ZC accomplish this? If not, could anyone suggest an alternative way to list this?

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: using ZC for letter art store - package sale

This is not a native Zen Cart feature, and I don't believe there is an existing mod for it. It will require some sort of custom programming. More detail about how you see customers using this might help... will a customer only ever select one package in an order? Could/would they want two or more packages at a time? Would that equate to one $150 package, or not? What all does a "package" consist of? How flexible is the makeup of a package, and how much do different components cost? What if the value of components does not come out to exactly $75? How does shipping figure into the cost?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alphaart View Post
    Hello,
    I have searched and searched but cannot return any information on what I am attempting to do.
    I need to setup a storefront for letter art. I am really trying to avoid costly custom programming.

Ideally, a person would select a "package", then add items until the package amount is fullfilled. (Pay one price and select multiple items). For example, they select "package 1" from the cart @ 75.00, then they are able to select a total of 7 products.
    I cannot show these as prepackaged, as each letter can have about 500 options.

I want to avoid individually pricing letters and a frame.

Can ZC accomplish this? If not, could anyone suggest an alternative way to list this?

Thanks in advance

Apologies... I am not very bright (that's why I am schoolboy), but what exactly is "Letter Art" and why would people need it?
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the responses guys. I should have included a little more info.

Custom programming would get me something like this: http://blessyourletterart.com/build-...?la_word=BLESS (this was done using a custom plugin powered by wordpress)

However, judging from gjh42's post, with ZC, I will be limited to something like this: http://www.robinsletterart.com/#!__letters

schoolboy - I hope this sheds some light on the type of product

Plugin Contributions

I had hoped ZC would be able to offer a product for one price, that once added to the cart would allow the user to add other items (with no price associated with the additional items).

They could purchase prints of letters individually, or select "5 letter frame" for say $75, then be able to add 5 letter prints to their cart at no charge.

S&H would either be free, or flat rate based on the initial "5 letter frame".