Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Send Gift Certificate - login time_out

Hi,

I have just set up Gift Certificate functionality and all was working fine as I tested it until I got to the SEND A GIFT CERTIFICATE functionality. When logged into my account I can see I have a Gift Certificate Account with a balance of $19.81. I choose the SEND A GIFT CERTIFICATE button which takes me to the /index.php?main_page=gv_send page. I enter the details of the person I'm sending it to and choose send but get an error:

Login Time Out
    Whoops! Sorry, but you are not allowed to perform the action requested.
    You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu.

I'm now on this page:
    /index.php?main_page=time_out

I'm certainly still logged in and it even says I'm still logged in! I have no problems send emails from the site, so know all my mail settings are correct.

Anyone have this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Send Gift Certificate - login time_out

I have the exact same problem with our zencart gift certificate function. We just moved to a different hosting company and installed/upgraded to 1.5.1. It was working fine in the original cart and now the send gift certificate function is not working at all with the exact same (time out/not allowed) message. Everything else in the cart is working fine.

Does anyone have a solution or an idea of what might be wrong with our installs? Could it be a sendmail permission problem from the customer's account area or something similar? What email is the send gift cert function using in the From email?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have the EXACT same problem. Since I upgraded to 1.5.1 I have the same problem with the Gift Certificates. When we try to send from customer to customer, we get taken to http://www.brittishdesigns.com/shop/..._page=time_out. anyone out there? HELP PLEASE!! I've been searching for days trying to solve this issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by britt View Post
    I have the EXACT same problem. Since I upgraded to 1.5.1 I have the same problem with the Gift Certificates. When we try to send from customer to customer, we get taken to http://www.brittishdesigns.com/shop/..._page=time_out. anyone out there? HELP PLEASE!! I've been searching for days trying to solve this issue.
    Um, over at http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...57#post1187257 you posted that your problem was a "404 page not found" message, but this thread is talking about a "time out" message.
    Which is it?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

One customer is reporting a time-out, and another is saying the 404 page not found. When I personally test it, I get this:

You are still logged in to your account and may continue shopping. Please choose a destination from a menu.

from this page:
    /index.php?main_page=time_out

I'm wondering if my customer who reported the page not found was mistaken. Anyway - when I personally try this, I get the Time Out

Plugin Contributions

It's been two months and I'm STILL having this problem. I can't figure it out. Once Gift Certificates are purchased my customers can't send them to anyone else. This is the error that pops up when you hit confirm to send:

Can anyone PLEASE help me???

Plugin Contributions

Hi Brit,

I too am still searching for a problem to this issue. It sat so long, I forgot about it till I just had a customer buy another Gift Certificate and is getting the same error. I've tried to follow the coding, but must say I'm stumped.

Please, any GURU's out there can take a look at 1.5.1 and the SEND GIFT CERTIFICATE Functionality and get this fixed? My previous post above has all the details of what we are doing.

ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS:

TITLE OF PAGE --> Home :: Login Time Out

Plugin Contributions

Hi all,

I found a solution to my problem, but not sure really what the main issue was other than there must have been a template issue. The template has a file:
    /usr/local/pem/vhosts/111483/webspace/httpdocs/includes/templates/theme492/templates/tpl_gv_send_default.php
    which is of * @version $Id: tpl_gv_send_default.php 5924 2007-02-28 08:25:15Z drbyte $. This is probably the date of the template, or of the date this file was last touched when creating the template.

Version 1.5.1 has a default template file:
    /usr/local/pem/vhosts/111483/webspace/httpdocs/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_gv_send_default.php
    which is of * @version $Id: tpl_gv_send_default.php 18695 2011-05-04 05:24:19Z drbyte $

Obviously, the default file is updated when 1.5.1 came out by the looks of it

My older template file is overwriting the updates that were done for version 1.5.1. Not sure what the issues was, but MY SOLUTION WAS TO SIMPLY remove the tpl_gv_send_default.php file from my template directory and let the default file run. It looks like crap formatting wise, but at least it works and send the Gift Certificate via email to someone else.

Hope this helps everyone! Check you template or override files if you are having this issue.

DRBYTE, perhaps you can say why this code doesn't work in 1.5.1 (it is in my template file):
    Line #10 : * @version $Id: tpl_gv_send_default.php 5924 2007-02-28 08:25:15Z drbyte $

Line #22 : <div class="buttonRow forward"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, '', 'SSL', false); ?>"><?php echo zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_SEND_ANOTHER, BUTTON_SEND_ANOTHER_ALT); ?></a></div>

Line #47 : <form action="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, 'action=process', 'SSL', false); ?>" method="post">

Line #81 : <?php if ($messageStack->size('gv_send') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('gv_send'); ?>

Line #83 : <form action="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, 'action=send', 'SSL', false); ?>" method="post">
    Seems the old file is using " method="post"> whereas the updated is not.

Who knows, but it now works!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your old template uses direct <form...> tags, whereas the reliable one calls the zen_draw_form() function to build the correct form output.

The correct action to take is to merge the template_default changes into your custom template file: compare the old template_default file against the new template_default file to see the changes made by the developers, and then put those changes into your custom template.
    This is the same step you should take with ALL files when you're upgrading. That's why the upgrade documentation goes to great lengths to advise as such. www.zen-cart.com/upgrade

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the explanation DrByte. I paid someone to do my upgrade. They obviously did not do a thorough job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast