Plugin Contributions

Default Default value in search header

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out why the value= I'm entering in languages/english/CUSTOM/header.php isn't showing

// header Search Button/Box Search Button
    define('HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON','Search');
    define('HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT', 'Enter your keywords here');

Thought it might be hardcoded in includes/templates/CUSTOM/sideboxes/tpl_search_header.php (I'm only concerned with the header search) but it doesn't appear to be.

$content .= zen_draw_input_field('keyword', '', 'size="6" maxlength="30" style="width: 100px" value=Type your keywords to search here"' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';" onblur="if (this.value == \'\') this.value = \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\';"') . ' ' . zen_image_submit (BUTTON_IMAGE_SEARCH,HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON);
    } else {
    $content .= zen_draw_input_field('keyword', '', 'size="6" maxlength="30" style="width: 100px" value="' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\') this.value = \'\';" onblur="if (this.value == \'\') this.value = \'' . HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT . '\';"') . '&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="' . HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON . '" style="width: 45px" />';

any ideas?

familynowDOTca

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default value in search header

Technically, your search box isn't the stock header search that Zencart provides; it's a creation of your Template Monster template, so changing that define might not affect it. Using the Developers Tool kit to search for quick_find_header might point you in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion. I wouldn't have considered searching for that term. Unfortunately it only pointed me to 4 references within tpl_header and tpl_search_header so no luck there. I'll keep digging...

Plugin Contributions

I had to use Firebug to locate the header search field:) but the visible input field code only contains
    HTML Code:
    <input type="text" name="keyword" class="input1" />
    with no onfocus handling at all. Try searching for something like "input1" and see if you find another file... wherever it is, maybe you can substitute the detailed handling code for the dumb code.

Plugin Contributions

Well. I was able to find a way to add a value but it doesn't get cleared onfocus since that function appears to have been removed.

<span class="corner"></span>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('keyword', 'Enter keywords here', 'class="input1"');?>

Is there a "simple" way to return to the default ZC header search functions?

Plugin Contributions

You can probably put the stock code in place of the TM code there. You will have to change it a littie to directly echo instead of putting the output into a $content variable.
    PHP Code:
    $content .= zen_draw_input_field('keyword''''size="6" maxlength="30" style="width: 100px" value="' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '\') this.value = \'\';" onblur="if (this.value == \'\') this.value = \'' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '\';"') . '&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="' HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON '" style="width: 45px" />'
    PHP Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('keyword''''size="6" maxlength="30" style="width: 100px" value="' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '" onfocus="if (this.value == \'' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '\') this.value = \'\';" onblur="if (this.value == \'\') this.value = \'' HEADER_SEARCH_DEFAULT_TEXT '\';"') . '&nbsp;<input type="submit" value="' HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON '" style="width: 45px" />'?>
    I am not certain this is exactly the right snippet to use, as I don't know the context of the file. There is some kind of alternate selection going on in & around the code you posted.