Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CEON advanced shipping module - questions

I use CEON advanced shipping module and encounter a problem with it. I am looking for another (super)user who knows how to work with the parameters.

My problem is the following:
    I configured categories. If item is category A, shipping is $5 and if item is category B shipping is $10. That works fine untill I put both an item for category A & B in my cart. Then he adds the two up and gives a $15 shipping cost, but I want it to be the max of the highest fee, so $10.

How can I do that?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON advanced shipping module

So are there any recommended shipping modules similar to Ceon Advanced Shipper as we are having tax rate issues.

We got the latest update from Conor last fall, but did not upgrade ZC 1.5 until January and the only thing not working is the module is not applying State Sales Tax.

Any thoughts on a Shipping AND Tax Rate plugin to replace Ceon that has developer support?

Plugin Contributions

Any thoughts on a Shipping AND Tax Rate plugin to replace Ceon that has developer support?
    There is nothing that comes even close to the flexibility of Advanced Shipper and unless it gets bought and integrated into the core (to avoid such a masterwork becoming "lost" and as a tribute to its developer who contributed hugely to this forum) now its developer is no longer with us, I doubt there ever will be.

I don't use the categories option but the code is well-written, a decent developer should be able to figure out whats happening and modify it.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

just did some tests and read the readme file and looks like your right, howveer I would agree with the above its by far the most versitile software.

this is what it says about the product/category allocation of shipping rates:
    "By selecting a product/category/manufacturer as having this method apply to it, that product/category will only be able to be shipped by this method, unless the product/category/manufacturer is also specifically selected for other method(s) as well."

Perhaps try different rates based on weight/price - this way you can control it better
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON advanced shipping module - questions

Quote Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
    I use CEON advanced shipping module and encounter a problem with it. I am looking for another (super)user who knows how to work with the parameters.

My problem is the following:
    I configured categories. If item is category A, shipping is $5 and if item is category B shipping is $10. That works fine untill I put both an item for category A & B in my cart. Then he adds the two up and gives a $15 shipping cost, but I want it to be the max of the highest fee, so $10.

How can I do that?
    think I have a work around, looks like you need to have a fall back method. so which ever is the cheaper methos, also apply the more expensive method as an option to it.

this way when you have a mix of the two it allows the more expensive option to be used on its own and is the only option show.

if they just have the item with the cheaper method it will show the more expensive optiona along side the cheaper method.
    Phil Rogers
    A problem shared is a problem solved.

Plugin Contributions

I have the Ceon advanced shipper mod version 5.0.2 on my shop running 1.5.0 in canada, can't seem to figure how to set shipping regions for different provinces

Plugin Contributions

Though Ceon has passed, JSweb is continuing on with support for this product. You might get a quicker response at http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...hipper-Trouble

I've just started using the Better Together mod which gives a discount if 2 items are purchased together, and am wondering if it is possible to configure Advanced Shipper to take the discount in to consideration when calculating shipping costs?

For example, if I offer free shipping when the customer spends over £150, and they add 2 items to the cart that total £160 BUT there is a better together discount on those items of £20 so the total is actually £140, I would expect the customer to still have to pay a delivery charge.
    Unfortunately, Advanced Shipper seems to ignore the discount and gives them free shipping.

Here's what the totals look like in the shopping cart -
    Sub-Total: £164.97 GBP
    Better Together Discount: -£15.00 GBP
    Shipping: £0.00 GBP
    Total: £149.97 GBP

So, as you can see free shipping is offered even though the total cost is below the £150 threshold.

Is there a way to make Advanced Shipper aware of Better Together?

Thanks,
    Damian

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by damiantaylor View Post
    I've just started using the Better Together mod which gives a discount if 2 items are purchased together, and am wondering if it is possible to configure Advanced Shipper to take the discount in to consideration when calculating shipping costs?

For example, if I offer free shipping when the customer spends over £150, and they add 2 items to the cart that total £160 BUT there is a better together discount on those items of £20 so the total is actually £140, I would expect the customer to still have to pay a delivery charge.
    Unfortunately, Advanced Shipper seems to ignore the discount and gives them free shipping.

Here's what the totals look like in the shopping cart -
    Sub-Total: £164.97 GBP
    Better Together Discount: -£15.00 GBP
    Shipping: £0.00 GBP
    Total: £149.97 GBP

So, as you can see free shipping is offered even though the total cost is below the £150 threshold.

Is there a way to make Advanced Shipper aware of Better Together?

Thanks,
    Damian
    Hi Damain
    you would need to contact JS Web for support on this commercial mod. Did you buy it from them or have you owned it for more than 12 months?

I've had it for a while...I bought it from Connor a couple of years ago.
    I'll get in touch with JSW and see what they say.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast