Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON advanced shipping module - questions

Is there a way to make Advanced Shipper aware of Better Together?
    ...anything is always possible...it's the time/cost of the path to get there...

Some generic advice...
    I would see if this discount scheme works with the standard Zen Cart shipping methods first on a clean installation to check the issue is not with Better Together.
    Then figure out what variables are beng used to carry this data (Superglobals) and see where/if Advanced Shipper is not dealing with them the same way.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Anyway for advanced shipper box not to show on delivery information page when no advanced shipping methods are available?

Plugin Contributions

Wondering if anyone has enough experience with this module they might know the answer to my configuration need. My assumption is that I can use the nested table of rates to effect my solution but not sure how to make it work.

The scenario is I have 2 categories. One category uses usps (Cat A). The other category uses ups (Cat B) I have that configured fine.

But if a customer orders from both categories I want it to use UPS only. Therein is the problem because obviously it will still divided the shipping amongst the 2 categories/items.

The good news is Cat A has weights of 20lbs and over and price of $100 and over and Cat A has low weights and prices. So my assumption is that using nested table of rates in the Cat A "Method" there might be a way to tell the mod that if the total order price or total order weight is over a certain amount it will default to UPS only but not sure how to do that. Anyone with knowledge on this mod have any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

So the basic idea is:

Only Cat A - USPS

Only Cat B - UPS

Mixed Cat A and Cat B - UPS

is this correct?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Try this but change the weight breakpoints. The way this is set up is if the total weight is 1lb or less it will use the usps rate calculator. If it's over it will use fedex. You need to configure both shippers in the region definition.
    <weight>1:usps, *:ups</weight>

Plugin Contributions

i have modified ceons module to only show when when certain products in cart.
    Ex.
    only show this when cat a in cart
    only show this when cat b in cart
    or only show this when cat a and b in cart
    my modifications are only applied to v5.02 and is in this forum

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    Try this but change the weight breakpoints. The way this is set up is if the total weight is 1lb or less it will use the usps rate calculator. If it's over it will use fedex. You need to configure both shippers in the region definition.
    <weight>1:usps, *:ups</weight>
    To Ajeh's question, answer yes. But in respect to configuration I was able to find a solution myself with further exploration. That said, badarac's solution would probably solve it as well. The method I am using is based on price because in my instance all Cat A pricing below a threshold would go by regular mail anyways and above a threshold by UPS whereas all Cat B pricing is above $100 and Cat B always has to go by UPS. So if someone orders something from category A and then something from category B with this formula it will always show UPS. so I used a formula like this in the table of rates:
    <totalorderprice>0-99:usps, 100-9999:ups</totalorderprice> eazy, peazy. Appreciate the attention and suggestions!

Plugin Contributions

A shipping problem I have is that certain large (but light) items get charged steep volumetric rates by my courier so I need that to be reflected in the shipping price.

In my testing, having a separate method for these large items has the effect of offering the volumetric method and the normal method when the cart has mixed items, so I trying the idea of adding another surcharge/rates option to the normal method based on products id ie<pid>1234:20, 1235:20</pid>

While I have almost got it working, just wondering if anyone else has done anything to solve a similar problem?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12