Plugin Contributions

Default Have not been able to login to admin panel from initial install!?!

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum with this, newbie here.

Installed last night and the generic store opens fine. When I go to the admin folder and try to login nothing happens. I've searched around and tried every change I could find including doing the SQL querry to reset the user and password, I've gone into myPHP to browse the admin setting and have tried adding new users there with no luck. Everytime I put in my usnername and password on the login screen it just recycles back to blank input boxes. I have also tried requesting a reset using my email address but never get any reponse from that, which leads me to believe that there is another setting wrong somewhere else (brilliant, I know!).

Any ideas? I'm about ready to wipe it all and try a new install but that may be overkill if there is a simple solution.

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Have not been able to login to admin panel from initial install!?!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Doc! The second article helped. Spcifically this entry:

- edit your /admin/includes/configure.php and change HTTP_SERVER to a URL that does NOT start with 'https'

once I did this I was able to login. Now my question is . . . is this because I was using a shared certificate? Or something else?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Ya, probably conflicts caused by the use of a shared certificate, because the domain name is different than your site's domain.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Ya, probably conflicts caused by the use of a shared certificate, because the domain name is different than your site's domain.
    Thanks again "Doc". I'm going to look into the dedicated cert. and try that. At least for now I'm in and playing with set-up and layout.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cignet View Post
    Thanks again "Doc". I'm going to look into the dedicated cert. and try that. At least for now I'm in and playing with set-up and layout.
    Personally I'd be more inclined to get the login working *without* the SSL, because unless/until you can do this then adding SSL can only complicate matters, in that you could end up with a login problem compounded by a unrelated SSL problem.

Trying to add SSL before even getting normal logins to work is akin to putting a lock on a door even though you don't know if the door can be opened in the first place, and then scratching your head wondering why the lock doesn't appear to be working.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Personally I'd be more inclined to get the login working *without* the SSL, because unless/until you can do this then adding SSL can only complicate matters, in that you could end up with a login problem compounded by a unrelated SSL problem.

Trying to add SSL before even getting normal logins to work is akin to putting a lock on a door even though you don't know if the door can be opened in the first place, and then scratching your head wondering why the lock doesn't appear to be working.

Cheers
    Rod
    Thanks Rod, that's what I've done. I'm logging in fine now and working on customizing the site in a separate folder and then I'll deal with SSL later.

Thanks for your input.

Bob