Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Turn artist into clickable link on product page?

Not sure if this can be done but...

I would like my customers to be able to click on the name of the artist and have all product by that artist come up.

Example

• Artist: Tiny Tim <--- The words Tiny Tim would be cickable to bring up all Tiny Tim products
    • Record Label: Acme Records
    • Music Genre: Heavy Metal

I am not very good with code and such but I can copy and paste with the best of 'em

Any help would be great! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn artist into clickable link on product page?

Quote Originally Posted by doooomed View Post
    Not sure if this can be done but...

I would like my customers to be able to click on the name of the artist and have all product by that artist come up.

Example

• Artist: Tiny Tim <--- The words Tiny Tim would be cickable to bring up all Tiny Tim products

I am not very good with code and such but I can copy and paste with the best of 'em

Any help would be great! Thank you!
    Use the "Product Type" = MUSIC.

Then, look under EXTRAS in your admin main menu, and you will be able to configure additional characteristics.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Schoolboy!

I think you misunderstood what I am asking.

I already have this

• Artist: Tiny Tim

Now say I have 5 product pages for Tiny Tim, I would like customers to be able to click "Tiny Tim" and have all 5 listings come up.

Ajeh has previously shown me how to do this with record companies (http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...n-product-page) but I can't seem to make it work for record artists.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Anyone on this? I'd really like to make this work but try as I might... Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Let's backtrack for a minute. How do you have the products set up now?
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Here is a picture to maybe explain better...

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  26.4 KB

See how the Record Label is clickable? That will bring up all items from that record label. I am trying to to do the same with Artist. Ajeh had given me code and what to do to get Record Label to work like that but I have no idea how to make it work for Artist. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the delay.

No the image doesn't help. I should have been clearer with my question.

If you look at the Holzheimer site in my sig, you'll see the photos are linked into multiple categories. For instance, you can find photos of actor Johnny Depp under his name and under various movies.

I'm not familiar with the music product type, but it seems to me you should be able to create a category for "Tiny Tim" and link all the available items from that artist into that category.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Hi again,

I'm not sure we are on the same page as I don't think what I'm trying to do has anything to do with categories. In the admin section right next to Gift Certificate/Coupons you see Extras. If you hover over Extras you get choices and the top two are Record Artist and Record Company. If you go here... http://dxxxxmed.com/index.php?main_p...oducts_id=1554 (replace xxxx with oooo) you can see Record Company in action (to the left of add to cart button). This is not normally a clickable link. If you click on it all the product we have from that Record Company will appear. If you go to this thread... http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...n-product-page you can see how this was done. I would like to have the same thing for record artist but I have no idea what in the code needs to be altered to make that happen. Thank you for your time and effort...I do appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Add the following to \includes\modules\pages\product_music_info\main_template_vars_product_type.php

Code:
    $products_artist_id = $artist->fields['artists_id'];
    $products_record_company_id = $record_company->fields['record_company_id'];
    $products_music_genre_id = $music_genre->fields['music_genre_id'];
    Then in includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\templates\tpl_product_music_info_display.php
    You can overwrite the original code with this for Artist, Record Company, Genre respectively.

Code:
    <?php echo (($flag_show_product_music_info_artist == 1 and !empty($products_artist_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_ARTIST .'<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '&typefilter=artist&artists_id=' . $products_artist_id) . '">' . $products_artist_name . '</li>' : '') . '</a>'; ?>

<?php echo (($flag_show_product_music_info_record_company == 1 and !empty($products_record_company_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_RECORD_COMPANY . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '&typefilter=record_company&record_company_id=' . $products_record_company_id) . '">' . $products_record_company_name . '</li>' : '') . '</a>'; ?>

<?php echo (($flag_show_product_music_info_genre == 1 and !empty($products_music_genre_name)) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_MUSIC_GENRE . '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '&typefilter=music_genre&music_genre_id=' . $products_music_genre_id) . '">' . $products_music_genre_name . '</li>' : '') . '</a>'; ?>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by doooomed View Post
    See how the Record Label is clickable? That will bring up all items from that record label. I am trying to to do the same with Artist. Ajeh had given me code and what to do to get Record Label to work like that but I have no idea how to make it work for Artist. Thank you!
    Did you try this add on? It seems to do just what you want ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=806
    Last edited by Ajeh; 15 Jun 2013 at 03:21 AM.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast