Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

cart error 404 errors when adding items to cart or trying to register a new customer account

Hi guys and girls,

I'm working on a new build at the moment, and having a nightmare with 404 errors when trying to add products to a the shopping cart or registering a new customer account. I went back to stage one and gave the whole thing a fresh install of v1.50 and still getting the same error.

Any idea what could cause it? I would assume it's a problem writing to the database, as if the required tables were read-only for some reason. All other features work, adding products/categories/content so it is connected to the database properly. This error is beyond my PHP/MySQL knowledge so hopefully some of you could help, pleeeease?

Thanks,

Chris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 errors when adding items to cart or trying to register a new customer account

How are you installing Zen Cart?
    What is the URL where we can see this in action?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 404 errors when adding items to cart or trying to register a new customer account

Excuse the shabby state of the styling, this is very much work in progress but the testing site is here: http://84.45.120.234/plaininstall/

And what do you mean by "how am I installing Zen Cart?" I wasn't aware there were other ways of installing it? I just following the ReadMe!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by goldfox View Post
    And what do you mean by "how am I installing Zen Cart?" I wasn't aware there were other ways of installing it? I just following the ReadMe!
    That's the best way to install.
    Some people use a hosting service which has an automated install of Zen Cart, and sometimes they change the defaults of the settings that get implemented, and then we have to ask you a bunch of questions to determine what they changed, etc.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sometimes running from an IP address instead of a named domain can cause symptoms akin to what you describe. Do you have any ability to associate a name with that IP address? Even if it's just a hosts. file entry on your local PC? (Granted, then it would only be functional from your PC, not from other computers as well)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

On http://84.45.120.234/plaininstall/

I have no problem doing an add to cart.

If you haven't changed anything recetly, could you also post what Browser you were using, e.g. Windows Opera 12

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

@DrByte, I can't assign a name to it, no though I could try as a host. I have an offline version working with a virtual PHP server and local MySQL database.

@wilt Yeah, the client has just reported that it's fixed their end too, but mine is still misbehaving.

I'm using Windows 7, Google Chrome v21.0.1180.83
    Same issue in Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Not sure if it's related, but I also find Chrome won't let me sign in to the admin portal. I can only get into that from Firefox.
    Last edited by goldfox; 30 Aug 2012 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

ok, will test in Windows Chrome :)

edit: Actually don't need to test in windows chrome. getting problems in Ubuntu Chrome browser.

Will have to dig a bit further.
    Last edited by wilt; 30 Aug 2012 at 02:43 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I really appreciate your help guys, this is way above my experience level.

So far I'm seeing the same error in:
    Windows Chrome,
    Windows IE,
    Windows Safari,
    Windows Opera,
    iOS Safari
    iOS Chrome
    Mac OS X Mountain Lion Safari
    Mac OS X Mountain Lion Chrome

Might've been easier to say, somehow Windows Firefox is the only place its working!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast