Plugin Contributions

Default So what portals to accept payments via CC?

Getting my first zen-cart setup & need to figure out what payment portal I will be using to charge credit cards.

Paypal is NOT an option, and seems the only other one that zen-cart is setup with (according to them during the initial install) by default is Authorize.net

I am in the process of applying for them, but their fees seem pretty high, especially the monthly fees.

To be honest I'm used to processing payment manually with squareup.com & even more recently intuit Gopayment. Both work great, both have no monthly fees & deposit within a day or two if the payment is made by a certain time of the day.

Is it possible to incorporate either the Intuit Gopayment or squareup into a zen-cart website?

Are there any other portals that don't charge a monthly fee but just a per-transaction amount?

I suppose if Authorize.net is my only option I will go with them, but would like to explore other avenues for accept credit cards directly through the website.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: So what portals to accept payments via CC?

You can pretty much use any merchant account service. Most will have a module which can be easily installed and mounted onto the Zen Cart file structure. We use CardSave as they offer good rates and great customer service. You can use any payment provider though. Speak to the customer service department from the company you're considering. They will be able to advise.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    You can pretty much use any merchant account service. Most will have a module which can be easily installed and mounted onto the Zen Cart file structure. We use CardSave as they offer good rates and great customer service. You can use any payment provider though. Speak to the customer service department from the company you're considering. They will be able to advise.
    Thank you. I will try contacting them very soon.

Is there a list of payment providers with modules for Zen cart already available?

I'd prefer one that doesn't charge a monthly fee but only takes 2-4% of the payment as their fee. I'm please with this business agreement with squareup.com & intuit. (intuit is 0.5-1% more expensive, but still a great service)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Some suggestions are available by clicking the "Services" tab at the top of this page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.