Thread: Search Results

Plugin Contributions

Default Search Results

I need some assistance with the search and advanced search results. For some reason it does not include the category name so I will come back with No results found. For example, If a customer puts in "washer drain pump" they get nothing. If they put in "drain pump" it will find it because it is in the name. How do I get it to include all the words individually?? Please help! People are leaving the site because they see no results found.

http://www.wwrepair.com/parts/index....dvanced_search

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Search Results

I did include some instructions to my search and recently installed the search module "Instant Search, like Googles" and that is a really cool module which may help.

Plugin Contributions

You could also add more details in your custom meta tags on the keywords and enter:
    washer drain pump
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have used this add-on http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=822 in the past with great success. It may need some changes to adapt to ZC1.5 code

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You could also add more details in your custom meta tags on the keywords and enter:
    washer drain pump
    Perfect, that worked beautifully. I use Aspona to mass update and I just combined the category name and item description into one field and labeled it meta tag description. Worked like a charm!! Thank you!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I have used this add-on http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=822 in the past with great success. It may need some changes to adapt to ZC1.5 code
    Thank you for your response, What changes would need to be made to adapt to 1.5.0?

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry, but I really do not know, haven't used it in a 1.5 shop yet. Also I do not have the time right now to look in to it. I'm trying to finish some paid projects

In the files that need to be merged, the added or changed code was marked with comment if I remember correct.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I am sorry, but I really do not know, haven't used it in a 1.5 shop yet. Also I do not have the time right now to look in to it. I'm trying to finish some paid projects

In the files that need to be merged, the added or changed code was marked with comment if I remember correct.
    Thank you for your suggestion, I tried installing it and it didn't do what I needed it to. Thank you for the suggestion, but Ajeh's solutions works the best. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this could work for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!