Hello and thanks for any suggestions in advance.
Before I upgrade from 1.3.x - 1.5.1 I'd like to set up a fresh 1.5.1 install, for development / testing / playing purposes, under a sub-domain on the same server as my production ZC install.
Here's what I have (done) so far:
- setup demo.sitename.com
- created a "zencart151" directory under my production directory on the server
- Successfully pointed the demo sub-domain to the directory
- Unzipped and FTP'd the 1.5.1 files / directories to the newly created "zencart151" directory
- created a new "zc151" mySQL database
- Started the automated zc_install (this is where I'm holding for the time being)
Here's my rough Directory Structure (just for a visual)
/ (contains the production ZC)
I've read and re-read the instructions here (http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?148) and they (in Section 1. Preparation) allude to exactly what I would like to do but I was just hoping that someone would be able to give solid "yup that'll work just fine" before I pull the trigger and assure me that the new installer is smart enough to NOT overwrite the current production install in the directories above it.
Really . . . I'm just looking for someone that's done this before to tell me I'm good, the production site will NOT be impacted (and then I'll happily write up my steps and send them off to ZC as a suggested addendum to the install directions) :)
Thanks in advance,