Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default collect_info.php

the site has been working fine after the upgrade but to day it crashed i was at the time ajusting products in the store it started when i pressed update here is the error log
    (mods note i have renamed admin i have edited the error log to show admin)

[07-Feb-2012 12:36:34] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /home/sites/mysite.co.uk/public_html/admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 401

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: collect_info.php

I have fixed this proplem to get the site back up i had to over write the /includes/modules/product/collect_info.php but I think there may still be a problem if it happens every time i edit exsisting products. the site was an upgrade from 138a to 1.50 so I know that the 138 version had a wysiwyg editor and i beleave this is the issue

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm getting the same error in my log, but how I got it was by trying to checkout. I got a blank screen and this error was collected in my debug log.

It is true I pulled the db in from 1.3.8 to 1.5 and I am in a staging area testing everything before I push it live.

I have read this article, but my settings in all of these files were already set to the ISO set and latin1.

I'm at a loss. I need to launch in a couple of days and I'm stuck with a blank page on checkout_shipping

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Let me add that I am also having the blank product description problem and the funky character problem as explained here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...onts-a-bit-odd

So, if the answer is to follow the article about changing your files to reflect the ISO and latin1 set, but my files already have this, and my DB info I looked at in tools also says only ISO and latin1 settings, then what could be wrong?

I have pulled the DB in from 1.3.8 install into a fresh clean install of 1.5 - I have been going in to each product description, manually copying and pasting it from the old site (which is still live) and re-typing the quotes and the dashes and that seems to be working okay after I do that, but there are hundreds of products and I can't do it for hundreds of products. Is there some manual way to fix the /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping page from going blank?

Thanks for taking a look!

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping page from coming up blank by going to the shipping module and editing the module we are using (zones)... I clicked edit, but I didn't change anything, and simply hit update.

It seems I'll have to go through the site and MANUALLY re-save into the database everything! This is daunting. I may just go back to the old version if I can't find a way to fix this utf-8 issue across the site in the next 24 hours or so.

Thanks for checking this out, I wish I had a better solution to offer to others with this problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You say you're staging this in a testing environment. Fortunately that gives you time to sort out whatever issues might be triggering your unusual circumstances.

If your data was exported-and-then-imported, then perhaps whatever tools were used to do the export didn't manage character sets properly, and resulted in damaged data. Such as the import treating the data in the opposite character set to what it ought to.

Or, in some cases people have been absolutely emphatic that their english.php and configure.php files are correct but when finally convinced to triple-check they discover that the files on the server are in fact NOT what they thought.

Can you tell us what version of PHP your webserver is using?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for responding!

I am on PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0) - MySQL 5.0.92

I used phpmyadmin to export the DB from a 1.3.8 version of zen cart. I looked in update instructions online before I did that, hoping to find a clue as to what charset to use, and I ended up finding this: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ith-phpmyadmin that stepped me through exporting the zen cart DB and importing to my fresh install of 1.5. I followed those instructions precisely, so I don't think I had a choice of Charset in that process. When I imported the data, everything seemed fine. Then I saw the funny characters in the product descriptions, went to change them and found the description window in the admin to be blank. I fixed it only by copying the data from the live site, pasting it, then manually replacing the dashes and quotes. Then I noticed the blank pages in the checkout process. I found this thread. I triple-checked the english.php and configure.php files. I found only one instance of charset utf-8 and that was in the [myadminname]/includes/configure.php so I changed it by copying and pasting the iso string directly from the live site's entry in the same file, to be sure I do not make a typo. I emptied my browser cache, restarted my machine to be sure, and the blank pages still came up. I then found a thread where you insisted that with a fresh install of 1.5, you are sure that the files are utf-8 by default (I also found that in the installation folder I saved on my hard drive). This made me wonder if the reason I had only one instance of the utf-8 (I even did a number of searches of the code in the site to find every mention of utf-8), was possibly because my fresh install was done with a one-button click wizard process on GoDaddy - so maybe godaddy's install script changes those entries once the database for it is created???? I don't know but honest to god, I had only one instance of utf-8. I even looked to be sure each file had the entries to begin with and they were not simply missing.

So, that's where I am now. I'm doing a ton of use cases testing to see if I run into anymore blank pages, and I am manually one-by-one going through the products in the admin area looking for blank windows and copying and pasting and changing. The rough part about this is that my client is not going to pay me to sit here at $80/hr and do this. And I want to make this site okay for them, so I am doing basically hundreds of dollars of work for free and I can't afford that. I've got projects starting that I can't put off. I'm thinking that if I keep the old site in a hidden area and launch this one, that once someone needs to go into the admin to change anything in the description and they get a blank window, they'll just have to go to the old site at that time and grab the data. I'm only hoping it's not affecting something I can't see yet - like I just noticed it's not adding tax to taxable items, and I suspect this database issue, so now I need to figure out what I need to find in the admin that I need to hit edit and then save to see if that helps. I may cry.

Thank you for any direction you can blow me in.

Plugin Contributions

Let me add - this is what I have in both configure files in /includes/ and in /[myadminname]/includes/

define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql');
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'latin1');

and in english.php in /includes/languages/

@setlocale(LC_TIME, 'en_US.ISO_8859-1');
    and
    // charset for web pages and emails
    define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Almost certainly it's a character mismatch in your exported data.

When you look in phpMyAdmin at your old database, what collation/characterset is assigned to all the tables?
    And how about the new one?

I suspect you've taken latin1 data which unfortunately contains multibyte characters, exported it and saved it in a default iso-8859-1 encoded file, then imported it into a utf8 database and are treating it as latin1, hence the display of invalid characters.

I also suspect that when you it comes time to "go live", if you actually do the upgrade directly to the live database instead of exporting and importing, that everything will be fine, because you're not tampering with the data by moving it into an export file and back again where it can get messed up.
    I can't guarantee it, but it's a gut feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast