Plugin Contributions

Default customer able to submit an address without selecting a zone from the drop-down, maybe

I have had the following issue twice now (in three months) and wondered if anyone else has experienced it.

Symptoms:
    1) customer makes an order and there is no tax applied
    Or
    2) The customer has entered an address selecting a country for which zones/states are defined and HAVE to be selected from the drop-down list BUT has not selected a state AND has managed to put something in the (normally hidden) state text field.
    In this case there is no zone_id (=0) associated with the address (in table address_book) but there is text in the entry_state field. This means that if you have a tax zone definition for that country+zone, it will not be applied (as zone_id=0) and so the customer can pay without tax. So, while it would appear that the customer is selecting another country, the correct country_id (that has zones defined) is indeed in the address_book entry.

So it doesn’t add up. I cannot replicate this fault, in my testing the server-side check always blocks the form submission without a zone selected from the drop drown.

Speaking to the customers to figure out what they did is as much use as talking to the cat, no help there. But they both were on pcs and certainly did not have javascript switched off...which should not make any difference anyway as the check is server-side. So, I’d be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this,

thanks Steve
    Last edited by torvista; 9 Jan 2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer able to submit an address without selecting a zone from the drop-down, m

Are you accepting PayPal?

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customer able to submit an address without selecting a zone from the drop-down, m

Are you accepting PayPal?
    Yes....I realised yesterday that Paypal can insert an address directly...I've now set up an extra field in the address book to record the timestamp and from where the insert was derived for every new address entry.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...