Plugin Contributions

Default blank store page error

I installed version1.5.1 yesterday and started customizing my store. Everything was going well and I felt that I was about half done when I could no longer log into the admin area to finish the job.

I discovered that I had uploaded the english.php file to the wrong locations. I learned that there is an english.php file in the admin section and the catalog section. I found an original version of the fill and reloaded it to the admin section. After doing that, I was able to log into admin. BUT

Now my store no longer loads. I have gone into cache and gotten the DEBUG for the problem and it is saying:
    PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw() (previously declared in /home/content/52/8775952/html/dennio/store/includes/languages/custom/english.php:30) in /home/content/52/8775952/html/dennio/store/includes/languages/english.php on line 39

Also, the time stamp on the server is now messed up and not registering the correct time. I have a days work in my customization project and I am hoping to avoid a complete re-install and starting from scratch.

My store may be found at www.dennio.com/store. I see nothing when I go there, now. Internet Explorer says HTTP500 Internal Server Error. Firefox does not display anything.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?
    Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blank store page error

Quote Originally Posted by dennio6 View Post
    PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare zen_date_raw() (previously declared in /home/content/52/8775952/html/dennio/store/includes/languages/custom/english.php:30) in /home/content/52/8775952/html/dennio/store/includes/languages/english.php on line 39
    includes/languages/custom/english.php

includes/languages/english.php

BOTH the above files should be composed as below. Find the relevant section (almost at the top of the file) and make sure it reads:-
    PHP Code:
      @setlocale(LC_TIME'en_US');

define('DATE_FORMAT_SHORT''%m/%d/%Y');  // this is used for strftime()

define('DATE_FORMAT_LONG''%A %d %B, %Y'); // this is used for strftime()

define('DATE_FORMAT''m/d/Y'); // this is used for date()

define('DATE_TIME_FORMAT'DATE_FORMAT_SHORT ' %H:%M:%S');

////
    // Return date in raw format
    // $date should be in format mm/dd/yyyy
    // raw date is in format YYYYMMDD, or DDMMYYYY

if (!function_exists('zen_date_raw')) {
        function 
    zen_date_raw($date$reverse false) {
          if (
    $reverse) {
            return 
    substr($date32) . substr($date02) . substr($date64);
          } else {
            return 
    substr($date64) . substr($date02) . substr($date32);
          }
        }
      } 

Not sure WHY it is referencing BOTH in your error message. You may have fouled up some edit, or you have bought a cheap and nasty template...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

When I went back and replaced the english.php file in the admin folder, BUT I neglected to replace the files in the catalog section. Your reply sparked that idea that I needed to re-uploaded the original files to the catalog folder into the custom and languages folders.

THANKS again. Wish I had of posted this eight hours ago, before I started losing my hair. LOL

Plugin Contributions

I keep a little notepad handy as I do things, and I write notes... Then, when the whole site falls over, I go back to my notes and unpick what I did. We ALL do silly things... it's how we learn.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I will use your suggestion. I am a total newbie when it comes to programming. So I am sure that this will not be my last mistake. The epiphany was when I realized that there are two complete sections of the Zen Cart program... the admin and the catalog sections, which have a lot of the same file names. Won't make that mistake again. LOL

Thanks once again