Plugin Contributions

Default Error Link in the bac k button

Hello,
    I notice that in my terms, privancy page the back button has a link to page not found (http://www.my-shop.com/index.php?mai...page_not_found)

i use 1.51 version

How to fix this?
    Any ideas.

Thanks,

George

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error Link in the bac k button

I'll guess you're using one of the URL-rewriting mods, and that's what's causing your problem. Try looking through the support thread for the mod you're using.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I'll guess you're using one of the URL-rewriting mods, and that's what's causing your problem. Try looking through the support thread for the mod you're using.
    Actually the problem is not with any URL-rewriting mods. The problem is caused by an issue with the theme requesting a resource which does not exist (missing image, css, bad ajax call, etc) and a known bug which causes Zen Cart to add the 404 page to the "back button" history.

Lat9 wrote about how to fix the issue. Specifically the change in post #1 has worked for myself and others to stop Zen Cat from adding the 404 page to the page history (and thus the back button).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    Actually the problem is not with any URL-rewriting mods. The problem is caused by an issue with the theme requesting a resource which does not exist (missing image, css, bad ajax call, etc) and a known bug which causes Zen Cart to add the 404 page to the "back button" history.

Lat9 wrote about how to fix the issue. Specifically the change in post #1 has worked for myself and others to stop Zen Cat from adding the 404 page to the page history (and thus the back button).
    Not trying to create an argument, but I couldn't help noting when I followed the link, that the last post made in the thread was from you, stating

"+1 awesome catch lat9. I wonder if this bug + missing resources (called by a template or javascript) are the cause of the "page not found back button glitch" people report when they enable rewriting (as most URL re-writers send ALL broken / missing requests to page_not_found)."

Seems to me that regardless of the fix/bug, that there is a very high probability that a rewrite mod is one of the prime causes that exposes the issue, so stevesh's reply may not be as incorrect as you are implying.

Cheers
    Rod.

ps. it was an "awesome catch". Appreciate the link. I don't think I've seen that thread until now.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Seems to me that regardless of the fix/bug, that there is a very high probability that a rewrite mod is one of the prime causes that exposes the issue, so stevesh's reply may not be as incorrect as you are implying.
    The root cause is usually broken resources in the theme, another module, or a javascript (as stated). ANY site which uses the built-in Zen Cart 404 page for missing or broken resources will call the 404 Page (and thus have the issue). Not just those with "rewrite mods".

Fixing the Zen Cart 404 page to not add itself to the user's history (why add a 404 page to the history?) is the easiest long term fix. The underlying cause (missing resources) should also be fixed by the site owner.
    Last edited by lhungil; 16 Jan 2013 at 03:58 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker