Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Broken Option Value Manager Insert?

Hi,

I've had a nightmare of late tidying up my products and stuff so much to the extent that I nearly had to start all over again....

The only thing i need to fix now (i think) is that for some reason when I try and Insert and option Value into and option name via the option value manager link I get a website cannot display the page error?

I've tried re-uploading the 4 related php files of option_name.php option_values.php option_name_manager.php and option_values_manager.php but it didn't work.

I can't help but think there's a broken file/table in my database somewhere?

Does anyone know which one i'd be wise to check and try and repair?

Thanks,
    Matt

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Broken Option Value Manager Insert?

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...-and-try-again

You didn't say what version of Zen Cart you're using.
    If you're using v1.5.1, see this: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...s)-with-v1-5-1
    For v1.5.0 or older, see this: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...43#post1138643
    Last edited by DrByte; 13 Jan 2013 at 01:53 AM. Reason: update links

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Aha sorry my mistake, it's good old 1.5.0 :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, the link seemed to do the trick, however, i have spent most of today re-uploading over 200'000 products via easy populate and now have to add attributes to them.

When I now try to click on the attributes settings 'attribute_controller.php' there is another problem in that it doesn't load up and eventually will show me a timeout message... I'm pretty sure something has got messed up in the database to do with the attributes settings as i've tried now to delete all the files from inside my store folder and replace them with a working set from a couple of days ago but i still get the attributes controller error.

Is there a patch anywhere which can revert the tables to default values for the attributes/option values etc??? Unless there is something more sinister going on?

I have tried to check my debug files but for some other reason they aren't being generated either... I've had to change both the configures recently to compensate for a server change but i'm pretty sure i've done it right and i've also used the fix_key_cache.php file just for good measure.

I'd love to try and get things going again rather than have to start all over again It's a nightmare trying to upload that many products....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zan_dude View Post
    I've had a nightmare of late tidying up my products and stuff so much to the extent that I nearly had to start all over again....
    Perhaps you can tell us that story. How did you get to this scenario?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps you can tell us that story. How did you get to this scenario?
    Well... It's a long story but here goes....

I had my cart running a while back and it's for a kitchen cabinet manufacturer who wanted to have the whole range of other manufacturers doors in conjunction with their bespoke cabinets that they sell with those doors.

I had the basic stuff like layout etc etc all sorted out and even all the products uploaded (some 280'000+) of them.

Things started to go a bit off when I had to delete products because of either naming issues in the description or because they were wrong in general etc...

I ran into a big problem the other week because I had to re-arrange categories for lots of products and i reuploaded them with easy populate with a different category which of course created lots of unwanted products/linked products everywhere....

To make matters worse my database size was getting out of control because of all the delete and reuploads and also because each door has 4 different attributes. Also some of them had a dropdown attribute with over 70 choices which was probably applied to about 30'000 products alone!

Once things started getting messy I decided to run some sql patches to clean out all the products and attributes which probably is what stated to mess up my attributes_controller stuff? My sql patcher from admin also no longer works when i try and run some sql commands now too, so i have to run any from phpmyadmin instead :s

I have also gone through a domain name change recently but have got the configures all working correctly although i'm not getting any debug logs generated now for some reason.

The only other odd things going on are that my dynamic price updater is no longer working as it generates a page error popup message so i've disabled that now too.

I also can't fathom out why when you delete products completely it doesn't reset the product id number... To give you an example currently my cart has about 265'000 products although they start off now from something like 444'000??? If i cleaned out all products before I would have thought they would have gone back to 0.

I've managed to get things up to a reasonable state again now as i've managed to use apsona to get back all my attributes although i've changed the dropdown with 70+ choices now for a required text box instead which will save a lot of space...

I don't really have much in the way of hard core mods but i definitely think my Database must have something odd going in it somewhere....?

The reason I think this is because I created a new database from a fresh install and linked my current store's configures with it and the attributes controller was all working fine.

I would have carried on using this new database instead but it would have been more work for me trying to figure out stuff that I'd previously changed in order to get it working with the new database...

Sorry for ranting on...... but you did ask

Plugin Contributions

Lol just noticed my advanced search is no longer working now either, the normal search works fine if it finds something related to it, but when it doesn't i get the advanced search page shown with an empty limit to categories section?

Trying to fix this now, started by recopying the key files relating to search but to no avail yet...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The history is indeed helpful for understanding the bigger picture.

I hope you'll start making regular database backups, at least weekly. And always again before doing SQL patches and before you go changing data using tools other than those built-in to Zen Cart by default.

The problems you describe are indeed related to using tools outside those included in Zen Cart.

If you're going to delete all your products and categories and attributes, you can't just delete the records alone unless you want the new ones to start from the next number after the last-used number (regardless of deletes). If you actually truncate the table using the Empty command in phpMyAdmin then it will also reset the increment counter. You're getting into delicate territory here, way more fragile than even the EasyPopulate stuff you did that messed things up in the first place.
    Two ways to go about the reset (complete wipe-out) of your products data.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...862#post934862
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...363#post235363
    Then you'll need to put back the record mentioned in this article:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...43#post1138643

Be mindful that when you do this sort of delete you completely orphan all your purchase history from all your products, which means none of the sales reports will be able to be linked up to actual products anymore. Maybe you already know that, but I mention it for the sake of others who will read this discussion in the future.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

I've pretty much got things all back to normal again now but with a couple of exceptions still...

For some reason i still can't get my attribute_controller.php file to load, is this because of the sheer amount of products i have altogether? Probably close to 300'000 now...

I don't get any errors showing in my log files for this when i try and go into the attribute controller.

I've tried to replace a few of the key php files with default ones again but for some reason it doesn't really make much difference. It's a funny one but if there's some other things i can try and diagnose it that you know about that i've not tried i'd be most grateful.

Thanks...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast