Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New Rate Module for Testing

This is a test module for the upcoming USPS January 27, 2013 changes ...

This module will ONLY work on the TEST server, the new rates go into affect ...

The final release will be posted in the add on plugins in the next few days, but if some of you could test this and see how it is working for you it would be appreciated ...

Remember, this will ONLY work on the TEST server for now ...

MODERATOR EDIT: The attachment has been removed. The new module is at http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS January 27, 2013 New Rate Module for Testing

Ajeh, would it be possible to have two ship-origin zipcodes ... one for US shipments and one for international? For my in-US shipments, I print the shipping label using PayPal and drop it in my mailbox but for international shipments I need to take the package to the post office so that they can scan my customs form (and it's a different zip-code).

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the code could be customized for this ...

You need to determine what to use where you see:
    SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP

Give it a think ... and if you get lost ... post the question to its own thread and I will give it further thought, for you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, I can figure it out for myself but I didn't know if there were other people in the same boat.

Plugin Contributions

Let us know what you develop ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    for international shipments I need to take the package to the post office so that they can scan my customs form (and it's a different zip-code).
    Sorry to get off topic, but is there something different or special about what you are shipping international? Our post office just tells me to just toss the International and domestic packages into the blue boxes outside, put them all together on an unoccupied counterspace, or into any dropbox... they'll get scanned at the next major hub. It seems as though they have 2 scanner systems and it is too big a pain for them to find the handheld scanner required to scan a label printed online.

BTW: TNX Linda for all you do.
    Last edited by RixStix; 24 Jan 2013 at 01:28 AM. Reason: typo
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Ajeh, would it be possible to have two ship-origin zipcodes ... one for US shipments and one for international? For my in-US shipments, I print the shipping label using PayPal and drop it in my mailbox but for international shipments I need to take the package to the post office so that they can scan my customs form (and it's a different zip-code).
    I may be misunderstanding the issues, but if you print the international label from paypal, it does let you choose which zipcode you are shipping from while leaving the ship from address the same. Sometimes I do this because I drop off in a mailbox that is different from my zipcode at home.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    This is a test module for the upcoming USPS January 27, 2013 changes ...

This module will ONLY work on the TEST server, the new rates go into affect ...

The final release will be posted in the add on plugins in the next few days, but if some of you could test this and see how it is working for you it would be appreciated ...

Remember, this will ONLY work on the TEST server for now ...
    Running fine in v1.3.9 (yes I'd like to be on 1.5, but the store is very heavily modified). The new rates come up correctly it looks, and Parcel Post is now Standard Post, as it should be.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, Ajeh ... as usual we had no idea of the extent of these new USPS changes until today, no email at all from USPS. We are running 1.3.9h and are frantically in the middle of creating a wamp test server to install this new USPS module on. Also trying to gather data on what else we need to do. Quixotic says it's running fine on 1.3.9, saying it's coming up USPS Standard Post as it's supposed to (glad he was encouraging about the install!). Does the new module also work for the Post Select?

BTW, Ajeh, thanks for having this ready to test, when we found out about all the changes we were really concerned.

Plugin Contributions

Could you be more specific on what you mean about the: Post Select
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast