Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CKEditor - renaming 'editors' folder problem

Hi!

I just installed CKEditor (found HERE).

After uploading everything, I tried to do step 5:
    (Optional) You can change the folder in which the editor files live, by renaming the folder and adding the following line to your admin/includes/configure.php file:
    define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'the new name of your folder');

So, I renamed the folder to 'editors_yomomma', then added a line in the correct configure.php:
    define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'editors_yomomma/');

Then I went back to step 4, which is:
    (Recommended) You can also set your default editor choice via Admin->Configuration->My Store->HTML Editor (note: this may not take effect until you log in the next time)

I got the following error message with yellow background on top of the admin panel:

You have an HTML editor selected in 'My Store' but the '/editors/' folder cannot be located. Please disable your selection or move your editor files into the '/editors/' folder.

I searched the forum, found that others have this same problem. But I cannot find where anyone posted a solution.

Is there a way to correct this?

Or does the native zc151 htaccess file prevent the security issue?

Or should I add something to the htaccess in the editors folder? If so, what?

Thanks,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKEditor - renaming 'editors' folder problem

I just took a brand new install of v1.5.1 and installed CKEditor onto it. Tested it by making sure it shows in the My Store choices and the products/categories page pulldown, and activates when editing a product.
    Verified by switching back to Plain Text, and back again to CKEditor.

Then I added this to the bottom of my admin configure.php (this is a direct copy+paste):
    Code:
    // EOF
    define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'editors_yomamma/');
    Then I renamed my /editors/ folder to /editors_yomamma/

Then I went back to my admin page and refreshed it, and CKEditor shows up fine. I tested by turning it back to Plain Text, which behaved as expected. Then chose CKEditor again, and the editor showed up in the product-edit page again as expected.

It appears the instructions are correct as far as I can tell.

Nothing to do with Zen Cart native .htaccess

NOTE: Remember, the configure.php file is probably read-only, so you'll need to make it writable before you can save your changes to it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using CeonURI... I wonder if that is interfering with it?

I'll revert and try again, though it is working just fine now (with the default folder name, not the obfuscated one).

btw, I didn't think the native htaccess was a problem, I was just hoping that it would automatically prevent any dangers... thus maybe there was no need to rename the folder for better security.

Plugin Contributions

btw... wow, thanks for that big effort to duplicate my issue!!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've also just uploaded an updated version of the plugin, which includes the Jan 2013 update to CKEditor.
    It tested fine also.

The only reason to rename your editors folder is if you believe you've got something in your editors folder that might have security vulnerabilities. Those 3rd-party tools are outside the control of Zen Cart. All renaming does is obscure their existence to that anyone probing won't find them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I give up!

My best guess (for what that is worth) is that there is a conflict between Ceon and renaming that folder. If I wanted to waste some more time, I'd push the Ceon app to do another installation check.

You don't seem too concerned about the need to obfuscate that folder, so I will relax about it and just give it a rest.

Thanks for looking into it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I just took a brand new install of v1.5.1 and installed CKEditor onto it. Tested it by making sure it shows in the My Store choices and the products/categories page pulldown, and activates when editing a product.
    Verified by switching back to Plain Text, and back again to CKEditor.

Then I added this to the bottom of my admin configure.php (this is a direct copy+paste):
    Code:
    // EOF
    define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'editors_yomamma/');
    Then I renamed my /editors/ folder to /editors_yomamma/

Then I went back to my admin page and refreshed it, and CKEditor shows up fine. I tested by turning it back to Plain Text, which behaved as expected. Then chose CKEditor again, and the editor showed up in the product-edit page again as expected.
    I followed the following instructions above to have the ckeditor show up and it worked (html editor showing in admin). buttttttttttttt when i did a error message showed in the admin

You have an HTML editor selected in 'My Store' but the '/editors/' folder cannot be located. Please disable your selection or move your editor files into the '/editors/' folder

I went and changed my editor folder from "editors_myname" back to "editor" and the ckeditor disappeared from the admin and everywhere also. How I fix the error from showing in the top admin area?
    Diva Boutiques
    www.divaboutiques.com

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem to rename the editors/ folder following the instruction of CKEditor. Since added define statement was added when we installed the CKEditor, there must be somewhere has defined that statement. I used the developers tool kit and I did find a statement where may potentially affected. In zen-cart 1.51 only, /admin/includes/init_includes/init_html_editor.php ( zen-cart 1.39 or 1.50, this file may be in the override folder).
    Code:
    if (!defined('DIR_WS_EDITORS')) define('DIR_WS_EDITORS', 'editors/');
    I try to comment out this statement or rename this folder name in this statement( although it is not good way to do for the security reason), I still get the same warning message in admin. I am looking forward to hearing your ideas where this might happen.

Plugin Contributions

I got this error today after installing the current ckeditor on 1.5.1 and setting my default editor (Configuration -> My Store) by setting "HTML Editor" to ckeditor.

I had already defined DIR_WS_EDITORS in my configure.php

The false error is caused by admin/includes/header.php line 95:

Code:
    if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE != 'NONE' && !is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'editors')) {
    I made my problem disappear by changing that code to:

Code:
    if (HTML_EDITOR_PREFERENCE != 'NONE' && !is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_EDITORS)) {

Plugin Contributions

Hi, Mikeymoto, thank you for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast