Plugin Contributions

Default Help I have hit a wall - can admin have option for different payment

Hi

I work for a shop selling office furniture online. We also have a bricks and mortar shop opening up soon and we would like to keep all our orders (including those made in the shop) on the Zencart site. By doing this enables us to get our stock at a discounted price (this is what I've been told!). As well as giving us nice neat invoices and enables us to track orders.

As a result, I was wondering if there was a payment option that doesn't show up for online users but can be used by the shop to say that payment has been made in the shop?

Please advise if this is a viable option or really any advice regarding this.

Many thanks in advance.
    Debbie Harrison
    DVH Design | Web Design blog

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help I have hit a wall - can admin have option for different payment

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help I have hit a wall - can admin have option for different payment

Thanks picandnix

I saw that, but can you add orders form the admin side with this as well?
    Debbie Harrison

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To allow your store staff to use a "private" payment module, this approach often works, if the IP address is "static" as in "doesn't change":

1. Add the authorized IP addresses to the list of Maintenance IP addresses in Admin->Configuration->Website Maintenance
    2. Add the following code to the moneyorder.php payment module, and activate the module in your Admin payment modules screen:
    Code:
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
          if (strstr(EXCLUDE_ADMIN_IP_FOR_MAINTENANCE, $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) {
            $this->enabled = TRUE;
          } else {
            $this->enabled = FALSE;
          }

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dharrison View Post
    Thanks picandnix

I saw that, but can you add orders form the admin side with this as well?
    goes hand in hand with this mod if the Dr 's mod doesn't fit your setup
    http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=583

Plugin Contributions

Doctor's setup works absolutely fine. The only gripe with the first customer module, is not being able to determine a password.

Will the tweak in code still work even without the Add Customer form Admin module? Sorry to nitpick, but I just need to be clear on this.

Thanks
    Debbie Harrison

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The code suggestion I made is independent of any plugins.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much Doctor. Coffees on the way to Zen Cart team ;)
    Debbie Harrison