Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Product and Page Update

Hi!

I have to update a site and change the names of the products to include the company's (R) and (TM) symbols as appropriate for each one. The product names will occur in the product pages, EZ Pages as well as some of the Define Pages (like Shipping Page or Main Page etc)

There are about 20 product names that need to be updating and more than one product may be in the description, eg: the product page for Product A may reference Product B.

I am guessing I have to change the MySql database - and have read other posts but am still a bit confused so need some guidance.

1) Should I export the database and do a find/replace on it is a text editor or will that screw something up?
    2) For pages that are managed by the php files eg: Shipping etc, is there a way to update them all onsite or should I download the site and find/replace in something like Dreamweaver for the php file?

Ernie

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Product and Page Update

If I understand the question, wouldn't it be simpler to just edit the product descriptions that contain one or more of the 20 product names that need to be edited and use the Define Pages Editor and EZ Pages functions in Admin for those pages ?