Plugin Contributions

Default Module that allows customers to specify pick up location???

My store (http://www.livingtowers.com/coopstore) and it is for members of the co-op to pre-order produce to pick up a on pick-up day. NO PAYMENTs are made online as prices change and items need to be weighed.

There is a group that pick up locally and there is a group that picks up at another location. Is there a way that customers MUST specify during checkout which location (from a predefined list) they are picking up their order?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Module that allows customers to specify pick up location???

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

At a quick glance that sounds like exactly what I need! I'll give it a go. Thanks for the super quick reply! :-D

Plugin Contributions

You say
    Or you could try this revised storepickup module which lets you enter pickup locations via the admin directly in the module's settings. It's based on v1.3.9 and this file just replaces your existing /includes/modules/shipping/storepickup.php file (after unzipping of course).
    You'll need to click "Remove" and then re-"Install" after uploading the new file, else the locations box won't show.
    Then just enter a list of pickup locations, separating each with a semicolon (;)
    The available locations will show as alternate radio buttons under the Store Pickup choice during checkout.

Radio buttons are drawn for each location.
    There is no built-in option to change to a pulldown, since that's completely handled by the tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php template, and has nothing to do with this module. Using a pulldown will require customizing your template files yourself.
    Can you just give me a bit more info on clicking on "Remove" and re-"install"? Don't want to screw this up and I am a zen cart beginner. Well I can install modules etc but need step by step isntructions.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your Admin->Modules->Shipping screen you'll find those buttons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have a slight problem. I had previously installed "Minimum Customer Account info" as no payments are made online and orders are not shipped. That requires that items are set as virtual and I think the reason that I don't see the store pick up option during checkout.

Ideally I'd like to have the following setup
    - Do not require address. Just name, email and phone number
    - ALL items in the store will be picked up from one of two locations.
    - The entire order is picked up in one location.

Whether this means they are virtual or free shipping doesn't really matter as long as the end result is the points I listed above. Does anyone know what modules will allow me to do this or what I need to amend in order to get this?