Plugin Contributions

Default Uninstall module

I'd like to uninstall a module I have previously installed. The instructions for uninstalling the module are as follows.

Replace the admin and catalog core files that were previously overwritten and then delete the new catalog files that were previously copied. The lines and/or sections that were modified (i.e. added, changed or deleted) are marked by comments using the tag minacct, so you can use your admin's Developers Tool Kit to search for those files.

I do not have a back of from before installing this particular one, besides I have installed many since. Do I simply need to overwrite the core files with the original core files from a vanilla install? Is there a chance that these files would have been altered by other modules and if so I can use winmerge to compare differences?

TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Uninstall module

I think you have answered all your own questions...
    Yes you should always make a backup before installing a mod. And yes the uninstall instructions appear to tell you how to go about removing it.
    Which mod is it anyway?

Plugin Contributions

ahh, 'minacct'. That's from minimum account details by Lat9 isn't it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picandnix View Post
    ahh, 'minacct'. That's from minimum account details by Lat9 isn't it?
    Yes that's it. It doesn't seem to work with multiple store pick up locations. I just wanted to check I was going to do the right thing before screwing it up! lol I do back up before installing each mod but I have installed a number since installing minimum account info last week.

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

All the changes in that mod are well labelled so you should be able to reverse engineer it quite easily by using the structure of the download as a guide to trace the files that you edited.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DeeL View Post
    Yes that's it. It doesn't seem to work with multiple store pick up locations. I just wanted to check I was going to do the right thing before screwing it up! lol I do back up before installing each mod but I have installed a number since installing minimum account info last week.

Thanks for your help!
    DeeL, since you have multiple store pick up locations it sounds like you have some physical products which is outside the realm of "Minimum Customer Account Information". If you check the readme.html, I've listed all the files that are included/modified by the plugin.

What you can do is use a file comparison program, like WinMerge, to compare the as-supplied version of the plugin's files to your store. There will be a whole bunch of files that are in your store that aren't in the plugin, but the key is to see which files you've modified over-and-above the changes made for 'minacct'. For those files from 'minacct' that are identical to their versions in your store, then you can simply delete the non-core files and restore the core files to their Zen Cart release version. For those files that are supplied by 'minacct' and have been changed in your store, I'd suggest examining the differences and noting what changes you've introduced, making those same changes to the Zen Cart release version of the file and then using that updated version in your store.