Plugin Contributions

Default Attributes using logic

I need is some logic with my attributes. My site sells embroidered items and engraved jewelry. For the jewelry, I have a drop down with 3 choices for personalization, "Single Initial", "3 Initials", or "Text". Below that is a drop down with 5 possible fonts. If the customer selects "Single Initial", then I only want fonts 1, 2, and 3 to show up in the font drop down. If they select "3 Initials" I want fonts 1, 2, 3, and 4 to show up, and if they choose "Text", I want fonts 1, 3, and 5 to show up in the font drop down.

Also, on some pieces of jewelry, there are multiple discs that can be engraved or front/back engraving, which means I need to allow the customer to also select additional engraving locations.

I've looked around a while for add-ons to do this, but have so far not had any luck.

Can anyone tell me which add-on(s) I should look at that will address this? These both seem like they would be a common needs, so am hoping that there are add-ons for these.

Thanks,
    Alisa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes using logic

Dependent attributes are not supported in zencart. There have been many requests for this, but as each person's needs are different it is not possible to create a "one-size-fits-all" solution.

People have done it - but it usually involves substantial code re-working - and that can be expensive.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I have some PHP/MySQL background, so I think I could customize to fit my needs if I just knew where and how to put the code. BS/BA in Information Systems and 15 years experience in programming, with the last 8 being in Perl and PHP/MySQL. Been retired from programming for 5 years, and haven't kept up with the new stuff, but logic is logic. A for loop and an if statement still work the same.

Any tutorials out there on how to make modifications to the code in a zen cart shopping cart?

Thanks,
    Alisa

Plugin Contributions

Nice to hear that you have code experience. If you manage to design a generic module for doing this you will be the darling of the zencart community.

You will need to understand the full schema of zencart, so I advise you take a look at the WIKI
    19 years a Zencart User