Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with order_totals: intermittently skips tax

Hello,

Need some help!

Zencart 1.5.1
    add-ons: Super Orders and Edit Orders

Shop almost ready when I noticed a problem with the order_totals.
    I made test-orders and most of the orders gave the subtotal including tax, as wanted. Others a subtotal excluding tax.
    I have no idea why they aren't the same. They should be.
    The totals in the emails to confirm the order are in both the same (including tax).

In noticed in the database that the orders with a subtotal excl tax have a sort_order 1-2-3-4.
    The others are like configured in admin-modules: ot-sort order is 100-200-500-600.

Someone knows what this means?

Thanx!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with order_totals

Tax is only calculated for purchases where the products have a tax class and there is a tax rate associated with the address and tax class provided.

I'm not going to write another book here on how all of that works. There are FAQ articles explaining it all in great detail.

On your part, how about some complete examples of both cases, including URLs to the products purchased.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Tax is only calculated for purchases where the products have a tax class and there is a tax rate associated with the address and tax class provided.

I'm not going to write another book here on how all of that works. There are FAQ articles explaining it all in great detail.
    I wasn't clear enough I think

Two orders, same client, same products, same confirmation emails but different amount is DB order_totals.
    When subtotal = total exclude tax DB also shows a strange sort_order (1-2-3-4) different from the ones I configured in Admin. Most of the time everything is good. Once in a while he does the Ex-Tax thing. Can't figure out what triggers it.

http://www.hoevedesign.nl/bab_2.5/index.php
    Picture from admin-orders

Name:  ot.png
Views: 44
Size:  43.8 KB

Plugin Contributions

Found it!

It's the edit orders mod. Its writen only for prices without tax. When changing an order this mod overwrites the orders_total table with prices without tax.

Thanx