Plugin Contributions

Default Banner group reference chart?

Is there a simple banner group reference chart that i can use?

for example how do i know what html coding is used for footer banner 1? or footer banner 2, etc.. etc...

i look at the file tpl_main_page.php and see 6 banners sets defined in various places - for example:

<!--bof- banner #6 display -->
    <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6)) {
    if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) {
    ?>
    <div id="bannerSix" class="banners"><?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    <!--eof- banner #6 display -->

so in this example, banner #6 or set6 pertains to what group in my admin/configuration/layout settings??

a handy simple chart would be very nice and i can't find one anywhere..
    Website Developer and Search Engine Optimazation Boise Idaho. Details at BoiseWired.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Banner group reference chart?

You decide what banner is associated with what group in Layout Settings. You can also create your own groups in Banner Manager.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    You decide what banner is associated with what group in Layout Settings. You can also create your own groups in Banner Manager.
    yes i KNOW this but it's not what i asked.. in the coding, there are what are referred to as banner group 'sets' - such as SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6. if you re-read my question, i would like to know which banner group(s) from the configuration/layout settings pertains to which banner group set.. i think i found out that banner group set6 pertains to footer position 3 - but i wanted a refererence or chart that would should all 9 of the sets and which positions they pertained to.
    Website Developer and Search Engine Optimazation Boise Idaho. Details at BoiseWired.com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

They're already described for you in the Admin: Three are in the top of the page, three in the bottom of the page, and three in sideboxes.

Depending on how the storeowner (or you being a designer) have altered your template, the actual location for each may have been changed. So, the BEST answer for YOU is to actually look at YOUR site.
    Two ways to find specifics:
    a) turn on banners in each group, and you'll see them show EXACTLY where they're set to display.
    This same technique should be used for testing banners in the templates you're making anyway, so should already be on your checklist.

b) Use the Developers Toolkit to search for SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET and you'll see all the places where banner positions are handled in the code.
    As a template designer, you should already be quite familiar with using the Developers Toolkit to find this and numerous other specifics which you seek.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    They're already described for you in the Admin: Three are in the top of the page, three in the bottom of the page, and three in sideboxes.

Depending on how the storeowner (or you being a designer) have altered your template, the actual location for each may have been changed. So, the BEST answer for YOU is to actually look at YOUR site.
    Two ways to find specifics:
    a) turn on banners in each group, and you'll see them show EXACTLY where they're set to display.
    This same technique should be used for testing banners in the templates you're making anyway, so should already be on your checklist.

b) Use the Developers Toolkit to search for SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET and you'll see all the places where banner positions are handled in the code.
    As a template designer, you should already be quite familiar with using the Developers Toolkit to find this and numerous other specifics which you seek.

wow - it's like i don't even speak English sometimes on this forum..

your answer did NOT answer my questions.. if i see coding with this variable - SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 - HOW DO I KNOW WHICH BANNER THIS PERTAINS TO - without just turning them on and hoping for the best..

SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET1 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET2 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET3 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET4 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET5 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET7 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET8 - pertains to ???????????????????????????
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET9 - pertains to ???????????????????????????

i'm sure these variables are set somewhere and someone knows their defaults..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tyankee View Post
    wow - it's like i don't even speak English sometimes on this forum..
    Yes, it seems you don't.

Your post opened with asking "how do i know what html coding is used for footer banner 1? or footer banner 2, etc.. etc..." but it seems that wasn't really what you were after at all.

Assuming your latest post contains the real question you're asking, I offer this:

1. Login to your admin.
    2. Go to the Tools menu and click on the "Developers Toolkit" option.
    3. In the first field, it says "Look-up CONSTANT or Language File defines". In that input-field, paste SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6 and press Enter.
    4. You'll get exactly the results you seek:

Developers Tool Kit
    Lookup CONSTANT Definitions
    Key: SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SET6
    Title: Banner Display Groups - Footer Position 3
    Description: The Banner Display Groups can be from 1 Banner Group or Multiple Banner Groups

For Multiple Banner Groups enter the Banner Group Name separated by a colon :

Example: Wide-Banners:SideBox-Banners

Default Group is Wide-Banners

What Banner Group(s) do you want to use in the Footer Position 3?
    Leave blank for none
    Value: Wide-Banners
    Group: ID#19 Layout Settings

You'll also find the original defaults in the main sql install script just like all the other configuration menu entries are. Akin to my previous suggestion to search for the constant, if you were to do the search using the search tool of your text editor and have it search all the Zen Cart files including zc_install, you'd find the same information there.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

that's exactly what i needed.. sometimes it hard to ask the right questions when you're lost.. just saying..