Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

xhtml problem Multiple issues...

Website is http://www.primopipez.com

1.) I wish to place the navigation buttons I put at the top of the main page into the header or the main wrapper. This way they stay on each page of the site as people navigate.

2.) I wish to make the background transparent on the shopping cart.

3.) When you navigate to the "New Products [more]" page the "Add To Cart" button is cut off in Google Chrome, not in Firefox.

4.) Also in the "New Products [more]" page I would like the quantity box to be a Button like the other items with only 1 quantity.

5.) The spacing around my custom buttons doesn't allow for the text above and below to be spaced... I.E.: In the shopping cart the "Shipping Estimator" and "Continue Shopping" buttons are touching each other.

6.) The red text for the "Specials" is hardly visible, how do I edit the color?

7.) I wish to add images in the header to the far right, much how the logo is floating left.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple issues...

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Pipez View Post
    Website is http://www.primopipez.com

1.) I wish to place the navigation buttons I put at the top of the main page into the header or the main wrapper. This way they stay on each page of the site as people navigate.

2.) I wish to make the background transparent on the shopping cart.

3.) When you navigate to the "New Products [more]" page the "Add To Cart" button is cut off in Google Chrome, not in Firefox.

4.) Also in the "New Products [more]" page I would like the quantity box to be a Button like the other items with only 1 quantity.

5.) The spacing around my custom buttons doesn't allow for the text above and below to be spaced... I.E.: In the shopping cart the "Shipping Estimator" and "Continue Shopping" buttons are touching each other.

6.) The red text for the "Specials" is hardly visible, how do I edit the color?

7.) I wish to add images in the header to the far right, much how the logo is floating left.
    The things you want to do are a combination of CORE PHP EDITS and CSS.

If you use FIREFOX BROWSER with FIREBUG and WEB DEVELOPER TOOLKIT ADDONS you can analyse and edit page elements off-line.

Everything you are asking has been covered in this forum. Take each question and search for replies.

Additionally, every template is constructed differently. It is impossible to assist unless you tell us how the template has been constructed.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Before you go any further, you really need to create a custom template directory instead of using classic: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...ustom-template

Plugin Contributions

I've added in the custom folders... Good idea, I keep many backups, but just in case i'll start using that instead.
    I have read about 200 pages worth of Zen Cart forums already...
    Many of the questions I asked I have looked up, but the answers were either vague, or unrelated to what I needed specifically.

Plugin Contributions

I am using the Classic Contemporary Green template in Classic format.

Plugin Contributions

You should start by optimizing your images
    One is 1,275px × 471px resized down to a thumb size and it is approx 250KB in size
    There are plugin menu bars or
    admin > config > layout settings > CSS Buttons > yes
    I wish to add images in the header to the far right, much how the logo is floating left.
    You will have to edit a copy of tpl_header.php and add code for another image

The rest is in the stylesheet
    Get firebug & the webtools for firefox to determine what needs to be addressed
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Based on what you've said, I think I can figure out what you mean. Thanks for the advice, i'll put it to use.

Plugin Contributions

I managed to get the buttons into the header bar, they navigate successfully. My dilemma now is how can I turn the Home, Log In, Shopping Cart text into CSS buttons also. I'm digging around, might get lucky and stumble on to it.. I can't locate the original that the php is Echoing from... HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN

Plugin Contributions

I've redid my entire page using just my own CUSTOM files to ensure I don't make mistakes, thanks for the advice.
    I've got a general shell almost complete, just a few minor things here and there.

I would curious if someone could explain how to make my "Glass Pipes" page look like my "Accessories" page does.
    http://www.primopipez.com

Plugin Contributions

I can't locate the original that the php is Echoing from... HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN
    It is in tpl_header.php
    <?php
    } else {
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN; ?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast