Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Prevent all SecurePay data entered from being erased when error is made?

I've looked around and can't find this addressed.

Is there anyway to change the behavior on page 2 of 3 checkout with the built in checkout module in Zen cart from making the customer re-enter all their data if they:

• Might make a mistake in credit card entry
    • Forget to check the Terms and Conditions box

Are there any add-on modules that dress this and maybe even highlight the errors without erasing content?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Prevent all credit card data entered from being erased when error is made?

When you reply - scroll up - Read posting tips and provide the information
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Prevent all credit card data entered from being erased when error is made?

Very sorry, in reagrds to my site we are using:

1.3.9h zen cart
    PHP Version: 5.3.10
    MySQL 4.1.22-standard

The website is g o t v a p e s dot com

Plugin Contributions

First off when selecting the login page it switches to https as it should but you do not get a lock
    Meaning that you have unsecure items on that page

What payment gateway/method are you using??
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you - I am using SecurePay...

Plugin Contributions

There's also a path problem with yo0ur footer image:

https://www.gotvapes.com/includes/te...s/payments.gif

see TWO slashes...

To your original question...

I do not know of a plugin that retains the data in the fields.

You could look at the FEC module by Numinix, which puts the entire checkout onto one page. I use this as a matter of routine on all sites I build. I also disable right and left columns when people REGISTER, SIGN IN, OR CHECKOUT. This focuses their attention and also makes the pages load faster.

Your images are far too resource-hungry. The page takes ages to load. This is becasue you are using PNG so you can't compress images.

On THIS PAGE, the images alone are a massive SIX MEGABYTES.

Customers will die of old age before this page fully loads.

Rather use JPG, and consider Image Handler.

Also, your ADD TO CART area is completely hidden in a forest of annoying distractions.

You really need to SIMPLIFY everything - it's way too cluttered and "boot-in-the-face".

Would I like to shop on your site ???

No...
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I've looked at Numinix but it does not retain credit card data, although I did submit this question to be sure to their support. We are using Image Handler. In what we do, JPG compression is not a good tradeoff. We are known and appreciated for our original photography. Although I appreciate your comments, we have actually never had a complaint about our page load speeds after nearly 65K customers. Believe me, our base would complain : )

It is center columned, they read the product description or scroll past it, they then have a bright blue add to cart at the bottom. Again, we have an average of 300-400 orders per day, doesn't seem to be an issue. Our site is tech-oriented, simplifying is relative. Amazon is a pretty damn 'cluttered' site. I appreciate your critique, that you took the time to do it, but I strongly disagree.

In the meantime I guess there is no way around the credit-card-info-gets-cleared problem. I understand about PCI compliance but I think its a bit outdated and seriously anal. I know of only a rare site now that clears data entered when something has to be resubmitted due to an entry error or a Terms check box being overlooked.

Plugin Contributions

Numinix but it does not retain credit card data

I understand about PCI compliance
    If you understand then you should also know that CC data CANNOT be stored on ANY web accessible platform
    Meaning, any zencart among others
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

So does that mean that all sites that allow cc info to be maintained when refreshing the page or going back to correct info are illegal? Or are they not "storing" it and the PCI requirements do not apply to this use?

Plugin Contributions

CC data cannot be stored temp or permanent on a web accessible platform

I suspect that this refers to caching it also

Not all carts are PCI compliant as is ZenCart out of the box with no alteration to the way CC data is handled
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast