Plugin Contributions

css problem admin area menu bar

Over night the css on the nav menu in the admin area changedName:  Capture.JPG
Views: 97
Size:  26.6 KB. Before the nav use to have a background also the dropdown part of the menu and everything was spaced correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: admin area menu bar

1.3.8a - Really!!!

Read the support lifecycle
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ort-Life-Cycle

Check using FTP for any admin files recently changed - or for that matter any files changed recently
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I know the version is outdated If it was up to me I would get a newer version but Is not so I have to work with it.

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart v1.3.8 will be supported for 6 months after v1.3.9 is released
    It is now going on years
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

v1.3.8a is VERY old, and contains some serious security vulnerabilities. That's one reason why 1.3.9 was released. You need to upgrade IMMEDIATELY.

What were the results of your site inspection to be sure you've not been hacked? http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spikesta View Post
    I know the version is outdated If it was up to me I would get a newer version but Is not so I have to work with it.
    If its not up to you, one would assume you are a developer rather than the end user.

As a developer it is *your* responsibility that the sites(s) you develop and/or maintain are kept up to date and secure.

If your client(s) choose to ignore your advice that they need to upgrade (due to security concerns) then you should fire them as a client.

Don't allow your clients' to spoil your reputation, which can easily happen if you don't insist they do the right thing.

The client's reluctance to upgrade is both selfish and foolish. Don't be a part of it. There are plenty of other clients out there that will actually *appreciate* that you have *their* best interests at heart.

Consider this: If your client had a physical store and they asked you to manage it for them, and one day you noticed a broken lock on the front door, would you still be willing to manage the store for them even though they refuse to fix/replace the broken lock? Who would bare the responsibility if the store was broken into as a result? You the manager, or the owner of the store? (hint: It won't be the owner. They'll probably deny all knowledge of the broken lock and place the blame entirely on the manager of the store, namely you).

In short. You need to ignore the clients wishes and cover your own ######. An upgrade is *essential*.

Cheers
    Rod