Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default remove "congratulations! you've installed ... from main page

Where do I remove this? I tried editing the main_page from the admin/config window but it only handles the text below it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: remove "congratulations! you've installed zen-cart" from main page

When you do not know "where" something is defined ... there is a handy dandy toy in the Admin ... Tools ... Developer's Tool Kit ...

In the bottom input box, you can type in any text, variable, constant, etc. that is in a php file ...

Let's say you want to find the word: the

Type the word: the

in the input box at the bottom of the screen and select either Catalog, Admin or Catalog/Admin ... and click Search ...

This will quickly look through all files and find all occurances of the word: the

and give you the path and line number to look ...

Amazingly fast, eh?

For what you are looking for, you can type the word: Congratulations

Or you can type a phrase ...

And find where this text is actually defined ... then change it to what you would like it to read ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

..................wow

Plugin Contributions

lol i know. i am new at this and it take me a while to find it out too, but this is where it is. simply go to catalog/includes/index.php and look for the phrase congrats .ect
    that should do it

Plugin Contributions

Might extend that path a tad ...

/includes/languages/english/index.php

And there are conditions on which one shows based on what Category level you are at ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: be sure to copy to your templates and overrides directory before making changes ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

my problem is, i dont know what defines are and how the whole structure is. i understand css but not much about php

can someone check out this page

www.driventorise.com/catalog

if u look at it in IE, u'll notice that the picture i tried to get rid of is just showing up with the red X

Plugin Contributions

sorry was not think right..... thats why i ahve p roblems

Plugin Contributions

You had the right idea ... that is half the battle ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

i cant help you with that.. since i am new at this too, when i tried to customize things i just made them worse. so i just went and downloaded a template and got it over with.....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast