Plugin Contributions

Default I am trying to change the color of my headers

I am a "New Zenner" but Schoolboy has been helping a lot. I just want to change the color or my headers from Blue to Black. These were created in EZ pages . These are the Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Security, and Returns and Exchanges. I have been following the book and the EZ Help tutorial but can't seem to find the answer. To give you an idea of how unfamiliar I can be, I am a former FrontPage 2002 and Dreamweaver user. This is totally different and I really appreciate the patience some of you have with us new folks. To get an idea of what I am talking about please peruse the site. It is www.petluxuryboutique.com. The logo is going to change soon also. I am working diligently on that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Great Day,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find this anywhere- I am trying to change the color of my headers

Hi,

Do you mean the footer links for Terms & Conditions etc?

Spigz

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't find this anywhere- I am trying to change the color of my headers

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHD View Post
    I am a "New Zenner" but Schoolboy has been helping a lot. I just want to change the color or my headers from Blue to Black. These were created in EZ pages . These are the Terms and Conditions, Privacy and Security, and Returns and Exchanges. I have been following the book and the EZ Help tutorial but can't seem to find the answer. To give you an idea of how unfamiliar I can be, I am a former FrontPage 2002 and Dreamweaver user. This is totally different and I really appreciate the patience some of you have with us new folks. To get an idea of what I am talking about please peruse the site. It is www.petluxuryboutique.com. The logo is going to change soon also. I am working diligently on that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Great Day,

Silver
    It seems you've already been able to change the color, have you?

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spiggles87 View Post
    Hi,

Do you mean the footer links for Terms & Conditions etc?

Spigz
    I think he is referring to the colour of the H1 titles when these pages are called up.

They are not "EZ Pages", they are the standard define pages, and the EZPages internal link process is being used to position the links into different menu areas. (A very good technique to use for the define pages as you can switch off the INFORMATION sidebox and use the flexibility of EZPages internal links to put your define page links into other menus).

Anyway, the H1 tags are styled in your template's sthlesheet.css

/includes/templates/lite_grey/css/stylesheet.css

CURRENTLY it is:-
    Code:
    h1 {
    	font: bold 20px Arial;
    	color: #4c6c74;
    	border-bottom: 1px dashed #d5d5d5;
    	padding: 0 0 2px 0;
    	margin: 0 0 17px 0 !important;
    	}

Solid black may be too "heavy" for these large titles, so try:

Code:
    h1 {
    	font: bold 20px Arial;
    	color: #d4d4d4;
    	border-bottom: 1px dashed #d5d5d5;
    	padding: 0 0 2px 0;
    	margin: 0 0 17px 0 !important;
    	}

Plugin Contributions

Fairestcape:

I did exactly what you said and it didn't change a thing. All of them are still a light blue? Did I do something wrong? I refreshed the site. BTW, as I said Schoolboy helped a lot and I did not do this part. Unfortunately, I'm lost on this one. Yes, I want to change the one's in the footer. Thank you.

Bewildered,

Silver

Plugin Contributions

Fairestcape:

Thank you so much! I didn't realize that that was the key to all of the pages. I tried your suggestion of #d4d4d4, but it kind of faded into the woodwork. So I went with my original idea of #000000. I am very happy with this. You guys are great! Schoolboy was definitely right, this is nothing like a WYSIWYG editor. I may be slow, but I am getting there!

Thanks again,

Silver
    Last edited by SilverHD; 6 Mar 2013 at 04:51 AM.